Photo
- - - - -

Got my new Fiesta Mk7 :D (Photos inside)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 fiestaguy

fiestaguy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7
Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

Been lurking around the forums for a while now so i thought its about time to say hi :) Ordered my car on 31st Jan just before the price increase and finally picked it up on Thursday. Its a Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium with full dress up kit, bluetooth and voice control, heated windscreen and upgraded alloys. It handles wonderfully and looks stunning inside and out; loving the voice recognition and cruise control :D

Here are some pics i took with my moby:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fiestaguy

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

Looks amazing!

There amazing cars :)

#3 fiestaguy

fiestaguy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

Thanks! Bit !Removed! off though with all the swirl marks left by the valet before collection. Didnt notice them until today when the sun was out. Do i have the right to complain or should i just accept it?

#4 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

What you mean by swirl marks?

If the car isnt perfect then you have every right to complain! Ive had my number plate changed 2 times because they over tightened it and cracked it!

#5 fiestaguy

fiestaguy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

Its faint scratches in the paintwork which you can only see in good light. Its easier to see on darker cars.

#6 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

Its faint scratches in the paintwork which you can only see in good light. Its easier to see on darker cars.

If you feel like its not perfect take it in mate. End of the day you have handed over your hard earn cash and shouldnt take anything less than 100% and dont let anyone tell you different :)

#7 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

Its lovely hun, my OH asked for our car not to be prepped before release purely because of that reason, he is a valeter himself and says you have to be so careful with darker cars as they show every swirl up if not polished properly, make sure all cloths come out of the washing machine into seperate food bags and store in a carrier bag, then use each cloth the once this will make sure there is no grit in the cloths (as we speak I have a clothes airer full of clean cloths drying ready to go into food bags) - no one is allowed to touch them other than OH.

Unfortunately Fords didnt listen to our instructions and underneath our spoiler there is scuff marks where the plastic was peeled off - other than that we were lucky - OH superguarded ours himself too.

EDIT: Just spoken with OH and he says what happens is the cars are prepped pre delivery but then left outside, then just before collection instead of just hosing the cars down to get rid of any dust, they go over with wet cloths hence a bit of grit causing the swirls - black is one of the hardest colours to look after - silver is the best!! If your not happy go back ASAP or else they will just say that you did it washing it the first time. NEVER go to one of those hand car wash places as they are the biggest culprits for doing this to your car.

#8 Pimp My Ride

Pimp My Ride

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Fiesta

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

Looks mint mate and yeah I would take it back because when you have paid that kind of money it isn't worth not being 100% happy. I don't let anyone wash my car and its 10+ years old lol so take it back mate.

#9 fiestaguy

fiestaguy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

Its lovely hun, my OH asked for our car not to be prepped before release purely because of that reason, he is a valeter himself and says you have to be so careful with darker cars as they show every swirl up if not polished properly, make sure all cloths come out of the washing machine into seperate food bags and store in a carrier bag, then use each cloth the once this will make sure there is no grit in the cloths (as we speak I have a clothes airer full of clean cloths drying ready to go into food bags) - no one is allowed to touch them other than OH.

Unfortunately Fords didnt listen to our instructions and underneath our spoiler there is scuff marks where the plastic was peeled off - other than that we were lucky - OH superguarded ours himself too.

EDIT: Just spoken with OH and he says what happens is the cars are prepped pre delivery but then left outside, then just before collection instead of just hosing the cars down to get rid of any dust, they go over with wet cloths hence a bit of grit causing the swirls - black is one of the hardest colours to look after - silver is the best!! If your not happy go back ASAP or else they will just say that you did it washing it the first time. NEVER go to one of those hand car wash places as they are the biggest culprits for doing this to your car.

Thanks, i wish i had not asked for it to be prepped if i had known they would make such a mockery of it. Will give them a ring tomorrow to see what they say. Other than that i really love the car which is a shame really.

#10 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:03 PM

see if you can get a quote from a proper car veleting company (with a good reputation) for how much they would charge to fix it up, then take that with you to ford. I certainly wouldn't want them trying to fix it if i were you going on their previous work!

#11 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Shame your not local OH would have given it a once over for you, dont opt for your car to be mopped as that will just leave shiny swirls (if you do go down this road then use a bodyshop not a valeter) he suggests that you just use a really good polish now, go onto a commercial website (think pro valet is one he recommended) and look for "extra cut of wax" polish this will help big time.

#12 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

I can't see the garage accecpting your reason to "hand the car back" as theres a very high chance of you putting fine scratches in the paintwork when you come to clean it anyway.

All you can do is get a good wax what will hide the scratches.

Car looks great btw :)

#13 jimbob1989

jimbob1989

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:29 AM

Hi!

Your car looks fantastic! Thanks for the pics of your car - I havn't seen any pictures with that configuration!

I am waiting for the exact same car as that but with the 1.4 TDCi engine - was due 23rd March but should now be here 5th May (I won't hold my breath though).
Really disappointed and (what's clearly an excuse by looking at your car) is the fact they can't get the tyres to put on those alloys. An email was sent to Ford nationally apparently (we have seen the said email) about the delays and problems with supplying the tyres but another branch hasn't heard about this.
What makes me more peeved is the fact I ordered mine on the 30th January and yours was on the 31st so technically my car should be here!

Sigh... Let off some steam now!!! ;)

We personally think they've sold my car to someone else and they are making excuses!

Hope you enjoy the car and finger's crossed the scratches that have been left are sorted out! Let us know how it goes!!!

#14 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

Hi!

Your car looks fantastic! Thanks for the pics of your car - I havn't seen any pictures with that configuration!

I am waiting for the exact same car as that but with the 1.4 TDCi engine - was due 23rd March but should now be here 5th May (I won't hold my breath though).
Really disappointed and (what's clearly an excuse by looking at your car) is the fact they can't get the tyres to put on those alloys. An email was sent to Ford nationally apparently (we have seen the said email) about the delays and problems with supplying the tyres but another branch hasn't heard about this.
What makes me more peeved is the fact I ordered mine on the 30th January and yours was on the 31st so technically my car should be here!

Sigh... Let off some steam now!!! ;)

We personally think they've sold my car to someone else and they are making excuses!

Hope you enjoy the car and finger's crossed the scratches that have been left are sorted out! Let us know how it goes!!!

14 WEEKS!!! Surely not?

#15 wealdman

wealdman

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Ti VCT Titanium
Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

I'm shocked! Ordered mine (5-door Titanium, 1.6 petrol, Sea Grey) same day as the OP - 31 January - and I've just learned that the build date is 15 May. :ph34r:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users