Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got my new Fiesta Mk7 :D (Photos inside)

fiestaguy

Been lurking around the forums for a while now so i thought its about time to say hi :) Ordered my car on 31st Jan just before the price increase and finally picked it up on Thursday. Its a Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium with full dress up kit, bluetooth and voice control, heated windscreen and upgraded alloys. It handles wonderfully and looks stunning inside and out; loving the voice recognition and cruise control :D

Here are some pics i took with my moby:

65969251.jpg

22952027.jpg

86827963.jpg

73157515.jpg

Fiestaguy

Thanks! Bit !Removed! off though with all the swirl marks left by the valet before collection. Didnt notice them until today when the sun was out. Do i have the right to complain or should i just accept it?

What you mean by swirl marks?

If the car isnt perfect then you have every right to complain! Ive had my number plate changed 2 times because they over tightened it and cracked it!

Its faint scratches in the paintwork which you can only see in good light. Its easier to see on darker cars.

Its faint scratches in the paintwork which you can only see in good light. Its easier to see on darker cars.

If you feel like its not perfect take it in mate. End of the day you have handed over your hard earn cash and shouldnt take anything less than 100% and dont let anyone tell you different :)

Its lovely hun, my OH asked for our car not to be prepped before release purely because of that reason, he is a valeter himself and says you have to be so careful with darker cars as they show every swirl up if not polished properly, make sure all cloths come out of the washing machine into seperate food bags and store in a carrier bag, then use each cloth the once this will make sure there is no grit in the cloths (as we speak I have a clothes airer full of clean cloths drying ready to go into food bags) - no one is allowed to touch them other than OH.

Unfortunately Fords didnt listen to our instructions and underneath our spoiler there is scuff marks where the plastic was peeled off - other than that we were lucky - OH superguarded ours himself too.

EDIT: Just spoken with OH and he says what happens is the cars are prepped pre delivery but then left outside, then just before collection instead of just hosing the cars down to get rid of any dust, they go over with wet cloths hence a bit of grit causing the swirls - black is one of the hardest colours to look after - silver is the best!! If your not happy go back ASAP or else they will just say that you did it washing it the first time. NEVER go to one of those hand car wash places as they are the biggest culprits for doing this to your car.

Looks mint mate and yeah I would take it back because when you have paid that kind of money it isn't worth not being 100% happy. I don't let anyone wash my car and its 10+ years old lol so take it back mate.

Its lovely hun, my OH asked for our car not to be prepped before release purely because of that reason, he is a valeter himself and says you have to be so careful with darker cars as they show every swirl up if not polished properly, make sure all cloths come out of the washing machine into seperate food bags and store in a carrier bag, then use each cloth the once this will make sure there is no grit in the cloths (as we speak I have a clothes airer full of clean cloths drying ready to go into food bags) - no one is allowed to touch them other than OH.

Unfortunately Fords didnt listen to our instructions and underneath our spoiler there is scuff marks where the plastic was peeled off - other than that we were lucky - OH superguarded ours himself too.

EDIT: Just spoken with OH and he says what happens is the cars are prepped pre delivery but then left outside, then just before collection instead of just hosing the cars down to get rid of any dust, they go over with wet cloths hence a bit of grit causing the swirls - black is one of the hardest colours to look after - silver is the best!! If your not happy go back ASAP or else they will just say that you did it washing it the first time. NEVER go to one of those hand car wash places as they are the biggest culprits for doing this to your car.

Thanks, i wish i had not asked for it to be prepped if i had known they would make such a mockery of it. Will give them a ring tomorrow to see what they say. Other than that i really love the car which is a shame really.

see if you can get a quote from a proper car veleting company (with a good reputation) for how much they would charge to fix it up, then take that with you to ford. I certainly wouldn't want them trying to fix it if i were you going on their previous work!

Shame your not local OH would have given it a once over for you, dont opt for your car to be mopped as that will just leave shiny swirls (if you do go down this road then use a bodyshop not a valeter) he suggests that you just use a really good polish now, go onto a commercial website (think pro valet is one he recommended) and look for "extra cut of wax" polish this will help big time.

I can't see the garage accecpting your reason to "hand the car back" as theres a very high chance of you putting fine scratches in the paintwork when you come to clean it anyway.

All you can do is get a good wax what will hide the scratches.

Car looks great btw :)

Hi!

Your car looks fantastic! Thanks for the pics of your car - I havn't seen any pictures with that configuration!

I am waiting for the exact same car as that but with the 1.4 TDCi engine - was due 23rd March but should now be here 5th May (I won't hold my breath though).

Really disappointed and (what's clearly an excuse by looking at your car) is the fact they can't get the tyres to put on those alloys. An email was sent to Ford nationally apparently (we have seen the said email) about the delays and problems with supplying the tyres but another branch hasn't heard about this.

What makes me more peeved is the fact I ordered mine on the 30th January and yours was on the 31st so technically my car should be here!

Sigh... Let off some steam now!!! ;)

We personally think they've sold my car to someone else and they are making excuses!

Hope you enjoy the car and finger's crossed the scratches that have been left are sorted out! Let us know how it goes!!!

Hi!

Your car looks fantastic! Thanks for the pics of your car - I havn't seen any pictures with that configuration!

I am waiting for the exact same car as that but with the 1.4 TDCi engine - was due 23rd March but should now be here 5th May (I won't hold my breath though).

Really disappointed and (what's clearly an excuse by looking at your car) is the fact they can't get the tyres to put on those alloys. An email was sent to Ford nationally apparently (we have seen the said email) about the delays and problems with supplying the tyres but another branch hasn't heard about this.

What makes me more peeved is the fact I ordered mine on the 30th January and yours was on the 31st so technically my car should be here!

Sigh... Let off some steam now!!! ;)

We personally think they've sold my car to someone else and they are making excuses!

Hope you enjoy the car and finger's crossed the scratches that have been left are sorted out! Let us know how it goes!!!

14 WEEKS!!! Surely not?

I'm shocked! Ordered mine (5-door Titanium, 1.6 petrol, Sea Grey) same day as the OP - 31 January - and I've just learned that the build date is 15 May. :ph34r:

I'm shocked! Ordered mine (5-door Titanium, 1.6 petrol, Sea Grey) same day as the OP - 31 January - and I've just learned that the build date is 15 May. :ph34r:

Thats mad, three and a half months! !Removed! hell! Sounds like someone has messed up your order and they aint admitted it!

I ordered mine mid march and if your experience is anything to go by i'll probably end up with 59 plates on it by the time it arrives!

On a serious note you must be up for major recompense for that,

'Black cars' are notorious for seeing the polishing marks in it. Ask anyone who has a black paintjob and i bet they'll say "it's a 'chit' to polish" without leaving a mark. Just watch for any black cars in your area.

On a serious note you must be up for major recompense for that,

Nice thought Jonny87 but I doubt my chances as I was never promised anything specific from the start. As it happens I'm not in any serious hurry but it's a bit irritating all the same. Perhaps 5-doors take longer to build than 3-doors :rolleyes: , perhaps I shouldn't have specified ESP with Traction Assist - I don't see much mention of this among forum contributors? And then there's a story of some unspecified "general delay" in building Titaniums. At least the price is holding through two increases and, by the way, the salesman didn't contradict when I said I'd seen mention of yet another at the beginning of June.

Nice thought Jonny87 but I doubt my chances as I was never promised anything specific from the start. As it happens I'm not in any serious hurry but it's a bit irritating all the same. Perhaps 5-doors take longer to build than 3-doors :rolleyes: , perhaps I shouldn't have specified ESP with Traction Assist - I don't see much mention of this among forum contributors? And then there's a story of some unspecified "general delay" in building Titaniums. At least the price is holding through two increases and, by the way, the salesman didn't contradict when I said I'd seen mention of yet another at the beginning of June.

Well my thoughts (as it seems your car is taking twice as long as everyone elses) were that its a massive !Removed! up, like maybe they sold it to someone by accident (thinking it was their own group stock), or it turned up in the wrong spec coz they input the info into the computer wrong, or they didnt put the order in properly in the first place then only noticed when it hadnt shown up for 8 weeks. Three and a half months is just wrong from my POV.

If only they could just make these things at the Dagenham plant like in the old days!!! Probably have it in a fortnight!

I'm going into my dealer tomorrow for the first time since ordering two and a half weeks ago to order some accessories and to get a progress report. Sure i could just phone them, but i only do business face to face, and i dont want them thinking im happy to wait a month of Sundays!

I have also heard There there will be another price increase - July 1st. Can't recall where I heard it, I think from my dad who works as a stock broker... We will have to wait and see.

Either way there has never been a better time to buy a new car as there are so many discounts and price cuts and stuff :D

Beautiful car there and lovely spec. I've ordered the 1.4 Auto in black and am now worried about how dirty it will get and scratches. I've just called the dealers to get rear parking sensors and the bluetooth USB option but now wondering if I should change the colour too.

The car was ordered on 8 March and the build date is 24th April. Might change now I've made those amends though.

I do like the black though and have never had a black car before.

Hello everybody :lol:

14 WEEKS!!! Surely not?

I know... it's crazy!!!

The worst thing is that a couple of weeks before my "due" date I was told there was a delay and that it would be delayed by a week which was fine - that cannot be helped. A week before the car was due I was told that the car hadn't even been built yet and the tyre issue being the reason why...

Needless to say i'm not too happy about it!!! The dealer (Evans Halshaw in Stourbridge) have not been very helpful and didn't return calls/answer messages to give me an update about the situation and are not prepared to compensate for the inconvienience. Asked if the alloys could be upgraded to the 17"s/the car be delivered on steel wheels and the alloys fitted as a dealer fit (I even offered to provide the tyres if it was so difficult!) to no avail.

The day they told me that the car hadn't been built - convieniently - they had a vision blue zetec s coming in which the "owner" cancelled it but obviously this wasn't the car I wanted and I would loose out on the extras the Titanium has. I didn't want a car I didn't order just for the hell of it! ;)

wealdman - What has your dealer told you about the delay with yours?

I know... it's crazy!!!

The worst thing is that a couple of weeks before my "due" date I was told there was a delay and that it would be delayed by a week which was fine - that cannot be helped. A week before the car was due I was told that the car hadn't even been built yet and the tyre issue being the reason why...

Needless to say i'm not too happy about it!!! The dealer (Evans Halshaw in Stourbridge) have not been very helpful and didn't return calls/answer messages to give me an update about the situation and are not prepared to compensate for the inconvienience. Asked if the alloys could be upgraded to the 17"s/the car be delivered on steel wheels and the alloys fitted as a dealer fit (I even offered to provide the tyres if it was so difficult!) to no avail.

The day they told me that the car hadn't been built - convieniently - they had a vision blue zetec s coming in which the "owner" cancelled it but obviously this wasn't the car I wanted and I would loose out on the extras the Titanium has. I didn't want a car I didn't order just for the hell of it! ;)

That tyre issue sounds like a pack of lies fabricated by your dealer to me. those tyres must be in use (and standard) on most fords (except maybe the KA) and i doubt they would just let the tyres run out in the factory, even if they did run out they would probably be able to source more within hours! it would not take weeks to get more tyres in! To be honest i have heard many bad things about this particular chain of car retailers

At first, end January, the build date was said to be "about mid-April - but some people are finding that their cars are arriving a couple of weeks sooner than expected". Then "when I have some news I'll let you know right away" and then, last Saturday, a "firm" build date of 15 May with mention of " a general delay in the building of the Titanium".

I suppose I'm more conditioned to a long wait than many people. My last car-buying experience was a UK-spec Focus bought in Calais in 1999. An immediate 30% deposit, then 4 months wait, a colossal saving over UK price, a spare set of bulbs, a litre of oil (never touched because it doesn't use any oil between annual changes) and finally a complimentary bottle of champagne handed over by the boss's charming lady secretary.

Looking on the bright side, at this rate I'll soon have a 10-year-old car eligible for the long-rumoured £2000 scrappage allowance - if it ever happens....

Sorry to hear about the delay of your cars guys, the story about the tyres is a load of old twoddle as the tyres are the same no matter which 16" alloys you have.

I understand your points about black cars being notorious for swirl marks but if anyone should cause them it should be me and not before.

Considering how much you pay for one and from a big dealer, its unbelieveable how they employ people who dont know how to clean and polish it properly.

Anyway i've phoned up the dealer about the swirl marks and they said that they can book it in and get it polished for me. Don't know if i should and risk them making it worse or just buying some scratch remover.