Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel

steveo

Should I have order my new car with the spare wheel, as I believe the foam is rubbish and kills the tyre.

Can I ask the dealer if they can throw one is as a good will gesture.

Personally I wouldn't be without one,,, the foam is no comparison, and doesn't help at all if you were to have a blow out, or a hole in the sidewall... I've just bought a fiesta last week, and I'm now on the hunt for a spare wheel. I would definitely speak to them regarding your options on this matter.

Definitely get yourself a spare. As already said, the tyre gunk cant solve anything other than a relatively small hole in the tread section of the tyre. Tyre fitters can supposedly clean out the gunk to carry out a repair but most will refuse, thus charging you for a new tyre.

I don't think they will throw one in as a good will gesture as they are a £90 factory option on a new car. I have ordered full size spare wheels on all three new fiestas I have had, its a no brainer, as been said the foam repair kit is no use for a blow out, and knowing my luck I would scrap a tyre at three oclock in the morning when all tyre fitters are closed. Also did anyone know you cant have a full size spare if you have a tow bar fitted !!!.

cheers Ian

On this subject,,,, one of my neighbors has a fiesta, and he ordered a spare wheel from ford to replace the foam kit,, I thought it would have been a space saver, but on looking at it I discovered it was a 175/65/14 wheel, fitted snuggly into the space provided. My question is,,,, could I just get a wheel of the same size from an older fiesta from the scrap yard, eg from a mk6, and use that,,,,,, is the fitment the same etc ?

On this subject,,,, one of my neighbors has a fiesta, and he ordered a spare wheel from ford to replace the foam kit,, I thought it would have been a space saver, but on looking at it I discovered it was a 175/65/14 wheel, fitted snuggly into the space provided. My question is,,,, could I just get a wheel of the same size from an older fiesta from the scrap yard, eg from a mk6, and use that,,,,,, is the fitment the same etc ?

Yes, it is, most Ford cars with 4-stud wheels will fit - mk1 Focus, mk1 & 2 Mondeo etc, also mk5, mk4 Fiesta etc

Ideally you want to find a (spare) wheel identical to the road wheels - so you can switch them round/ in case a road wheel gets damaged etc

Thanks for the info mate, I've just picked one up from the scrap yard, clean rim and a nearly new tread tyre for 20 notes. Just trying to find the foam insert, jack and brace on eBay now. Think buying each separate is gonna work out cheaper.

Also, does anyone know if the jack and wheel braces are also the same, so if I just bought the foam piece for under the spare wheel, would these other parts fit into the cut outs ???

Thanks for the info mate, I've just picked one up from the scrap yard, clean rim and a nearly new tread tyre for 20 notes. Just trying to find the foam insert, jack and brace on eBay now. Think buying each separate is gonna work out cheaper.

Also, does anyone know if the jack and wheel braces are also the same, so if I just bought the foam piece for under the spare wheel, would these other parts fit into the cut outs ???

Most of the jacks/ braces are the same - but you could get someone with your car to post a picture of the right jack + brace for your car on the site to make sure- you could even start a new thread 'specially for this again older, more common ones will probably be cheaper

Nice one getting a wheel+ tyre for £20!

Cheers FOCA, seen a lot of usefull info from yourself when I was in the focus section. I intend to go and pester my neighbor tomorrow, to see what his jack looks like, take a pic and search eBay for a solution. And the spare wheel started off at 35 notes,,, and my gentle power of persuasion lowered the price slightly lol.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club