Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Consumption Of 1.6Tdci - Grand C-Max

Hool

Hi to all

I'm taking delivery of a 62 model next week and have recently seen comments regarding 'real' consumption being nothing like the 57.7 overall claimed

I'd appreciate any experience of existing owners?

Real consumption is never what the manufacturers say, these consumptions are based on a car without seats, trims and other items of weight taken out the car on a level conveyer driven at low speed by a computer, don't know how they get away with it to be honest

Given that you also have a bedding in period of the engine (realistically up to 5,000 miles) anything experienced before that should be treat as expected.

Now after this, and with a full clean service, reset the battery and a clean tank (no supermarket guff) and a tank full of quality fuel, you could probably get close to it, but its unlikely to get that high. You would be likely to get 48 - 49 MPG at best I would think, without some serious tinkering.

• Like 1

Thanks to you both for your help - it's as I thought!

Regards

John

Unfortunately the fairy world where they generate these numbers is never the same world where you drive the bleeding things around! suffice to say, granny driving gives you the best result!

Unfortunately the fairy world where they generate these numbers is never the same world where you drive the bleeding things around! suffice to say, granny driving gives you the best result!

or walking :p

very true!

They should regulate these figures. They should be based on an average of 1000 miles driving (500 urban, 500 extra urban) in the real world and under real conditions. Not in a warehouse with a rolling road and coasting all the way.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

We all know that we won't get the figures what ford say? presently I am getting 48.7 mpg on a c-max 1.6 diesel in Liverpool stop and start traffic most of the time.

But do we have to drive like vicars? to get the real mpg figures?

You have to drive like a retired 95 year old vicar to get the true figures.

Its the means by which they test them, as they dont test it in open air, just on a rolling road.

You would need a lot of MPG remapping, clean engine and filters etc at least, along with a minimal load - that would be the best way to get the actual ford MPG's as they claim, I think you would need to put your car on an airplane and pay the air miles to get the car to travel at more than that MPG to be honest :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club