#1 Mk6fez

Mk6fez

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Liam
  • Ford Model: Mk6 fiesta, 1988 xr3i
  • Year: 2004

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Does anyone know if an st170 engine would fit into a mk6 fiesta? If so could i wire the engine harness into my own and use the same clocks?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

Too much time on the boards

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

If its the same as my 2004 fiesta i would say that you would have a hard time doing this because the immobilizer is built into the dials, although i doubt there would be any problem changing the codes etc given the correct software. And i would have thought that the engine should fit in with a bit of gentle persuasion,  do a Google search im sure its been done before. Good luck 

#3 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

It would be a lot easier to fit an ST150 engine, it sounds like a big drop in power but  the ST170 motor only really has an advantage at high revs  

People who have owned both the 2.0L 150Hp Focus found there was not a big difference in "real life" perfrmance   

If you have an ST170 motor kicking about or you >must< have one in your Fez, you will need, the ST170 gearbox (its a bit special and has an ATB) ECU, clocks, loom, (all) locks, key(s) inlet & exhaust manifolds cat, and all engine accessories, inc. airbox (the ST170 has active inlet trummpets, a bit like VVT) gearbox linkages , gearstick - a brake upgrade would be a good idea too   

#4 Mk6fez

Mk6fez

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Liam
  • Ford Model: Mk6 fiesta, 1988 xr3i

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Cheers for the reply lads, think am gonna give it a shot. Any idea what the mounts would be like? Nd are they in similar sorta place?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users