Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights On Chime

Marty1198

My Lights On chime has mysteriously stopped working. I know some people find the chime annoying at times but I didn't think I would notice after a while. But I keep leaving my side lights on. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for it or even where it is located in the car?

do you have a trip computer? if so, do you find the chimes work on it?

start your engine and go through the settings and you should fine chime settings...ensure it is turned on. Then open a door...you should hear a long beep. same again if you run the fuel to less than 50 miles and you get the light on.

if there is nothing for either I would say the speaker in the dash has burnt out and may need replacing...Other than that there is no fuse, its integral to the instrument cluster.

EDIT: just to let you know a new cluster for a diesel 2006 focus costs easily £750 new from dealer!!! I know I learnt a lesson messing around with one, cant remember what I was doing but it wasn't good.

I've tried the chime settings but no luck. I also did the test routine and all the chimes are working. Where is the micro switch that triggers the chime? Could that be at fault?

I think it will be controlled by the GEM as the wires all go there and the computer figures the rest of it.

There is a wiring schematic on this site on the main focus forum bit

If it was the micro switch the interior light wouldnt go out with the door closed

The interior lights are all working as they should. And the door open light is also coming on too. It's not too serious a problem but I have left the lights on at work only to have somebody point it out. All too often.Lol.

Im looking into a similar issue for a friend at work who has a 53 plate CMAX, seems their lights chime doesnt work either, if I find out anything I will let you know.

I have posted on this before the funny thing is the chime started and worked all winter then about the time we switched to bst and adjusted clock it stopped working again wonder if there is some kind of programming involved so waiting to see what happens when clocks change again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club