Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

jonnymagnum2000

Starting Problem 1.6 Powershift.

5 posts in this topic

just had to ring ford assist. went out to start fiesta just turning over, just come back from Blackpool to Wigan, but it happened in Blackpool when me and my partner were on our way home, it did start after 3rd attempt. Then last week I was waiting for my partner after work, same again kept turning over rung ford assist, but after 20min wait I tried car and it started, so I cancelled ford assist, but not tonight, see what they have to say. Any body else had starting problems on there new fiesta.

finally ford assist turn up 9.15 not bad considering I rung up at 6.50pm,tried starting car to no joy thank god ,had visions of it starting, anyway guy took lead of battery terminal put back on after 10 seconds .tried car again and it started, he does not know what s up with it suggest ring fords book car in. " no you don't say"

Who the hell are ford assist ??? Everything I read about them seems to be negative, and points to them having no knowledge about fords what-so-ever ? You'd think if ford is going to put their name to something, they would at least give them adequate training beforehand pfft !!!

I have the Ford assist and I believe it is the AA.

Regards

John

well car was in today at Gordon fords of Wigan, any way when I picked car up was told that there was an error regarding the battery, slight loss of voltage, and another five errors, so they have cleared them . told me the car should be alright now. never told me what the other errors were but did say they were minor. only time will tell.