Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Some People Are Complete And Utter Idiots!

mattiff

That's putting it kindly. I have a maisonette that sits on top of a flat and I came back to it today to sort something out as it's currently empty. Lady in the flat below calls me over when I get to say there's been an accident and I should come and see. Walked around the corner to to be faced with this:

a2f7e9b8633d952de73bbada748a5fc4_zpsbbdd

ba5e3d3b59f73a254dd7bc91606ce988_zps5f8d

d050474a7f8489e3854de56b90a41d98_zps63a0

7714edd0c8f3fee75c977716efea5e28_zps3c3e

Apparently the night before a Mercedes people carrier had smashed into it and promptly driven off. A neighbour came out when they heard the bang but only saw the side of it as it turned off up the road.

Owner of the flat is going to contact the leaseholder to get it sorted and see about a structural engineer to survey whether the rest is safe etc. I simply don't understand how they managed to do it as it's just a cul de sac with parking all around the roads. Can't rule out them being drunk mind. Police don't want to know as there is nothing to go off.

Wow I've never saw anything that dented stay standing before

Either high speed reverse or a drift mate

All Mercedes are rear wheel driven,

If its becoming a questionable area there are company's on eBay selling a 2 camera system for your house with a 3 month record hard drive that stores 90 days before recording over day 1 again,

Never needs resetting and could be fitted in your attic space never needing touched unless you need the footage from it,

Cost for this system with Sony cameras and nigh vision is 270 pounds

• Like 1

It's even crazier when you look at it in real life. You get the feeling that simple nudge and it will collapse. The old dear was sat on a chair next to the wall no more than 30-40 seconds before it hit she said, only got up to get herself a brandy. I have never seen anything like it, we did drive around the streets to see if an accident damaged merc had been parked up anywhere but nothing.

Oww that does not look good , and certainly does not look safe , it's a wonder if it's safe for the woman to still be in the flat , that whole wall could fall down. , i would imagine a lot of damage to the car.

Woman has moved out of the flat for now thankfully. My place has been empty for a few weeks.

my god that looks bad and im sure there car must have some sort of damage to it looking at the wall.

as you say they could have been drunk or even drugs or both.

hope the damage is better then it looks and it gets sorted out soon

I don't know about one brandy, I reckon a lot more was consumed after that happened.

That wall needs propping asap, there's a lot of unsuported load there now.

Looks bad, but the corner is in tact which will bare a good deal of load, and there's a lot of good brickwork on the wall which is a good thing. Safe for now, but it may show strain within a week or so. Not going to fall down in the next few days though til it can be propped up.

All the load bearing is done by the inner wall of brickwork so there may not be as much damage structurally as it looks.

Still pretty amazing to see an almost perfect imprint of a car, almost like putty. Never seen it like that before.

This is the second one of these I have seen in as many months.

first one was just up the road from me, a clown in an astra (obviously) come flying down a residential street in the wet and smashed into the corner of a house, right through the wall and took the boiler out! how the place didnt blow up!

He is only 21? lost his license before and will hopefully loose it again plus its caught on camera - I will see if I can find it.

That is a fair mess though, shame no one caught up with the scum bag. Hope it gets sorted quick.

Crikey, makes you wonder how many brandies the driver had before they came around. I suggest that you go hunting in the culdesac and local area's for MPVs like this. In the event of an accident, if someone visits the area regularly, they will look to park not too far away and will walk to the endpoint so as to avoid obvious detection. So get looking and if you see anything, report the car to the police and let them do some digging.

I hope it gets sorted quick, but that is some might fine dent work!

I recon Halfords could claim they could fix that ;) probably at a greater price than the insurers will pay out like :p

the corner looks sound,defo cavity wall probably isnt as bad as it looks.

still a !Removed! for doing it,have you tried contacting any/all garages in the area to see if they have had any over enquiries over repairs.

All Mercedes are rear wheel driven,

correction there mate. the A-Class (old and new apart from the A45), the B-Class and a few others are front wheel drive!

BMW are ALL rear wheel driver and pride themselves on being the only mainstream manufacturer to have no FWD cars in there range

Dont suppose you have had any luck in identifying the car?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club