Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

fireman3

C-Max Parking Assist Problems

6 posts in this topic

hi I have a problem with the factory fitted parking assist,it happends every winter or when ever it gets cold or damp. It stops working completly and the switch lights to show it isn't working.

I have checked all the connections to the sensors got a spare sensor and changed one at a time so its not a sensor playing up opened the module and looked for a bad joint.

thats as much as i can do, has anyone got any ideas thanks.

So park assist stops but reverse lights and sensors are OK?

its a bit strange reverse lights work,, sensors stop working front and back and the on off switch on the dash lights to show its not active,

Sounds like it could be a wiring fault.

IIRC the park assist is based in the left hand side boot panel, so you may want to start by removing this. If you open the boot and remove the black plastic trim that surrounds the boot catch, and then gently pry out the left hand (nearside) panel, you should be able to see the PAM (Parking assist module) just check that it doesnt have any loose connections as a starting point.

im guessing wiring ive been all over the bits i can see, ive had the module out of the boot (drivers side) nothing i can see I will have one more go at it or it wll get replaced with aftermarket stuff but it's a shame as it's really good when it works

Yeah its definately worth having, but as you say, you could replace it for about £15, whereas repairing would cost circa £100 or more