Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrades For The Zetec-Se Sigma 1.6 16V Petrol.

felipehostin

Hello guys.

I'm trying to find engine upgrades for my car but I can't find it.

Do you guys know any upgrades?

Regards,

Felipe

• Like 1

Are there any other than exhaust and air filters for the 1.6?

• Like 1

i've already have the K&N Air Filter and I've make a ECU Tuning, the car now have ~123hp and 16kgf/m of torque.

But It seems that the car still need more power to be better.

• Like 1

was it 100 or 115 turbo before the remap?

You could look in to fitting velocity stack bike carbs inlet

. http://stores.ebay.com/DANST-Engineering/FORD-BIKE-CARB-BODIES-KITS-/_i.html?_fsub=3983467016

Is the car used as a daily driver or purely track use?

Forgiv me for saying but the focus is a very heavy car for track as road spec lots of weight being carried such as side air bags, seat air bags, rear passenger air bags, curtain air bags, air conditioning system,

You could look in to electric water pump,

Then create a blanking plate using your belt driven pump,

Remove the belt,

More response from the engine as result,

Pivot mega razin voltage stabiliser kit

Will also help but buy directly from pivot website to avoid replicas which don't work and drain your battery.

the n/a 1.6's are 100bhp over here thought +23 for a remap was impressive!

the 1.6 over here is either 100bhp or 115 bhp if youres is the 115 bhp its not a zetec se its a duratec ti vct in which case its not possible to do many mods to the engine as the ti vct advances and retards the timing as you drive and opens and closes both the exhaust valve and intake valve any mods have to take that into account over there the cars must be detuned my 2006 ti vct with just the k n n filter has more bhp than that at 129bhp standard most ti vct over here will be higher than 115bhp standard ive seen 118bhp 130bhp 124bhp with no mods so assuming his was the minimum 115bhp he gaines 8bhp from a filter and remap i reckon standard it was 118bhp so the remap really wasnt worth much

a sports cat and a better exhaust is about the lot you cant mess around with it much or the ti vct will fail remember you should have max torque at 2100rpm a normal car takes till 6000rpm or more to achieve the same torque so it shouldnt be that sluggish

to educate those who have the same issues the car uses a double flow catalytic converter all you need is explained here
  • Like 1

You could look in to fitting velocity stack bike carbs inlet

. http://stores.ebay.com/DANST-Engineering/FORD-BIKE-CARB-BODIES-KITS-/_i.html?_fsub=3983467016

Is the car used as a daily driver or purely track use?

Forgiv me for saying but the focus is a very heavy car for track as road spec lots of weight being carried such as side air bags, seat air bags, rear passenger air bags, curtain air bags, air conditioning system,

You could look in to electric water pump,

Then create a blanking plate using your belt driven pump,

Remove the belt,

More response from the engine as result,

Pivot mega razin voltage stabiliser kit

Will also help but buy directly from pivot website to avoid replicas which don't work and drain your battery.

The brazilian version of Focus has only driver's and passenger's front air bags.

Here in Brazil my Focus 2010 it cost me R$38.000,00 approximately EUR12.200,00.

The cars over here are extremely expensive and do not deliver what the car have around the world.

Anyway, it's nice to know that my engine is a Duratec TI VCT, I guess i'll not do more engines upgrades for now.

Is your car a Petrol or Ethanol version?

For the Brazilian market (and some other countries) the Focus MK2.5 with the normal 1.6 Duratec was available as an Ethanol version which produces 115 BHP and is allowed to run on 100% Ethanol. This is not the 1.6 Duratec TI-VCT engine which was available for the European Focus MK2 and MK2.5.

So if your car can is allowed to run on Ethanol it is most likely the normal 1.6 Duratec.

Is your car a Petrol or Ethanol version?

For the Brazilian market (and some other countries) the Focus MK2.5 with the normal 1.6 Duratec was available as an Ethanol version which produces 115 BHP and is allowed to run on 100% Ethanol. This is not the 1.6 Duratec TI-VCT engine which was available for the European Focus MK2 and MK2.5.

So if your car can is allowed to run on Ethanol it is most likely the normal 1.6 Duratec.

Hi, my car runs on Petrol or Ethanol, he's a Flex Fuel.

He produces on Petrol 110BHP and on ethanol produces 115BHP.

That explains it then its not the ti vct its a flexi fuel version from what ive read tgere isnt any performance mods for the car someone may know better

Because it probably is the normal 1.6 Duratec there are some performance upgrades which can be done.

This is what I have done with my 1.6 Duratec (100 BHP) so far:

1. I Machined the stock 45 mm throttle body to 50 mm and fitted a 50 mm throttle plate. Compared to the stock 45 mm throttle plate the 50 mm throttle plate has a 20% larger surface.

2. I optimized the complete air intake by removing restrictions in the plastic casting and put a K&N panel filter.

3. I remapped the PCM with custom written software.

My next modification will be the exhaust. I am planning to fit a complete custom made stainless steel exhaust (first my money tree has to grow a little higher).

Depending on engine condition and stock firmware version a unmodified Duratec 1.6 can already have more than 100 BHP. I have seen some (including My Focus) which had (while running on 98 RON fuel) already over 110 BHP. After all modifications I put my Focus on a rolling road again and at the moment my engine has 119 BHP.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club