Do Not Sell My Personal Information

58 Plate, New Shape 1.6Tdci Injector Seals.

Mike77

As the topic says, I've read quite a lot on these being a problem. And I'm after some definite answers from anyone that has actually fitted them. My number 4 injector is leaking, its in the early stages as no carbon deposits as yet, but I can see fuel around it. And hear the typical chuffing noise along with it. Now, are these an easy replacement ? And does anyone know if the injector in question will need re-programing, I've read various threads, but nothing conclusive, and I need to be sure before I tackle the job. Thanks, Mike.

Hi mate... These can be a nasty job... Make sure when you remove the injectors you stiff the hole with some rag, I have seen many an engine nackered due to parts/tools falling down in the hole... The bushes can be easy and hard its a hit and a miss...if yours aren't too badly carboned up...shouldn't see them being too hard too replace, but no they don't need reprogramming :)

Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah I fully intend on blocking the hole, I'm a bit OCD like that, also if needed I have the equipment to re program the injectors, but just wanted to know beforehand what I was in for. I will only be doing the one that's leaking, as the other 3 are sound and dry. Only thing I'm not sure on is what I actually need to buy ? Surely I need more than just a copper washer ?

Haha! Yeah mate its one of they jobs...it could go sweet as a nut or be a nightmare... Be carefull with the inlet manifold seals... Make sure they are in and seated properly or it can be a pain in the butt! Yeah the copper washer and a bush...the bush is like a hoola hoop for comparison in size lol! you will need too replace the bush and the washer

What has to come off for me to get the injector out then ??? I take it the inlet manifold is comin off then lol.

Yeahh been a while from I last done them...only ever done 2 sets lol! Seen some of the lads at work do them... Yeah inlet manifold comes off im sure also think you have to take off some pipes and hoses...well move them out the way haha! Its not too bad for access

Ok, so this is a bit of a mad one, but its a story with a happy ending :) ,,, After searching various googles to find out how to fix my leaking injector, (must add that there was NO carbon deposits, so it must have recently started to play up) I stumbled upon a link to a video on youtube about the problem in question... Long story short, it pointed to a simple solution, which won't work in all cases, but may help others, and will deffo be overlooked by most. It showed the noise chuff chuff chuff and the typical fuel leakage, then pointed to the bolts that hold the injectors in place, and with a big red arrow, it stated ''TIGHTEN THESE'' . Now,,,, mine was leaking like a good un, I'd cleaned it 4 times in 3 days, each time there was diesel welling up in the engine case grooves. So out came my trusty socket set, and off I went......................................................................... 5 days, and 50 miles later, BOOM, dry as a bone, no leaks, no chuff chuff chuff, all is good,and all is quiet, :D that's a result in my eyes. Hope this helps others.

It looks like you wont need to take off the inlet manifold on the 1.6, the injectors are easier to get at than on the 1.4

Won't need to take anything off for a while now hopefully lol. Still nice and dry after a simple tighten.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club