Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Pedal Sensor / Ride Height

ianm2585

have had a problem with revs hanging while changing gear had a look at the clutch pedal and the sensor has been removed , the socket is still there but no sensor how much would this affect the revs not being there.

also measured my car today (2000 mk 5 zetec 1.25) the rear is 24 inch from floor to top of wheel arch and the front is 25inch, is it possible wrong springs have been fitted to the front from a different model fiesta not to concerned about this at the moment but the other two fiestas at work are endura engined and one sits 24 inch from the floor and the other 25inch the tyres are the same on both so it got me thinking whether different springs are in use

maybe should have started a thread about wheel spacers or white dash dials gee what a forum

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There is actually a lot going on on the forum - posts can go un-noticed and sometimes they are left unanswered - many people may also have read this but may not have felt they could give a useful answer

The clutch pedal sensor can affect the revs when changing gear, as it informs the ECU that the clutch is pressed, it "backs off" the revs for smoother gearchanges,however, i have disconnected the clutch sensor on my car, as i prefer the more "direct feel" - you could probably pick up a clutch pedal switch on eBay, at an affordable price - check your car/ engine was meant to have one though, as the place for one may be there but for different engines

It is normal for the car to sit at different heights, front-to-back my car sits higher at the back than the front, unladen, even a little bit of weight (a full tank of fuel/ a spare tyre etc) can change the ride height, it a car is constantly heavily laden it tends to sit lower than one that isnt (even after the weight is removed) - the springs can sag a bit with age too

So your springs/ suspension are probably correct, in my opinion

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club