Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Issue - Misfiring

Athique

Hi,

I've been having engine issues and when the engine light came on i read the fault code P2300 which means ignition coil right? Anyway i ordered a new ignition coil and ht leads a few days ago but only just had a proper look at the wiring which i totally overlooked as a possible cause and one of the wires has a cracked casing...that must be the cause of the issue right?

IMG_20130829_194744_zps656475bb.jpg

Question is how would i go about fixing this? Can i get it to the garage by wrapping some insulating tape around it? I take it they would have to replace this end of the wiring loom or can they just replace the plug (part number?) And does anyone have an idea of how much something like this should cost?

Thanks!

Ford have replacement looms they will splice the new cable and plug onto the old wiring common issue you may still need the new coil

• 2 weeks later...

In the end I just soldered on some new wiring to each of the 3 pins on the ignition coil and used some heat shrink tubing to insulate and that sorted the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

have you any pics of the repair in progress?

Ah sorry no! I will say thought that I do still notice a small amount of juddering while idling now. I really can't remember if this was there before or not...I'm sure it wasn't. In any case its bugging me and my soldering skills aren't exactly top notch...I would rather just get a proper connector.

I'll be buying one of these so I can replace the old one... http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/product.php/ford_3_way_sensor_connector_cam_sensor/?k=:::2776526. This was the only place online I could find this connector...everywhere else had the oval shaped coil pack connector.

Looks good! well if you do this, feel free to put some sort of progress thread.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club