Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8Tdci Egr Valve Blanking

JimD

I know this topic has been done to death on other forums, but has anyone actually inserted an EGR blanking plate on a S=Max 1.8tdci? If so have you noticed any benefits?

Given the reputed benefits, I am considering doing this on my 2006 1.8tdci with 80,000 on the clock.

Thanks for any feedback.

not that I have an S-MAX, but we have the thread over on the Focus guides forum about this, and everyone compliments it. I drive a 1.6 TDCI C-MAX (closer to the SMAX than a focus I guess!) but although it was a nuisance to do, it was well worth it, improved MPG, better throttle response and generally feels smoother!

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. I will have a look at the Focus forum. One thing I had heard and was somewhat concerned about was that the combustion temperature rises as a result of installing the blanking plate and operating on pure air and this can apparently lead to Turbo damage? Any comments?

it increases the turbo and its response, but I cant say I have heard of any detrimental effect on the turbo

I use to get low boost pressure come up as an error, that was before installing the plate, since then I have had no turbo related error codes

• 5 months later...

Got the Error Code P2263. Attempting the EGR Valve blanking plate install this weekend to see if it helps with the problem we are experiencing.

EGR plate installed. Now going to give a run and see what it's like. Will post observations

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC