beefy505

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus CC - CC3
  • Year: 2010

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hello all, new to the Focus brigade as I've just come across from the Fiesta page, had a mk7 Econetic and now have Focus CC.

Posted this on the CC owners page but thought you might like as well... And hello to any CC owners who lurk on here as well :)  This is a direct copy of my other post.

Saw these and me likey a lot :)   not sure on the price though, been awhile since I bought new lights so don't know if this is a good price or not?!

http://www.european-...roducts_id/1479

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I'm wondering if they are legal  , due to looking like the Fog Lamp , maybe others can confirm

#3 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,660 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hello all, new to the Focus brigade as I've just come across from the Fiesta page, had a mk7 Econetic and now have Focus CC.

Posted this on the CC owners page but thought you might like as well... And hello to any CC owners who lurk on here as well :)  This is a direct copy of my other post.

Saw these and me likey a lot :)   not sure on the price though, been awhile since I bought new lights so don't know if this is a good price or not?!

http://www.european-...roducts_id/1479

Look good to me,
Only down side I can think of; people flashing you to say your fog lights are on

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

They do state a fog light if fitted as standard is a fog light even with reduced intensity they are still by law classed as fogs so you would get fined for driving with fogs on

#5 b4zz

b4zz

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

they look good to me but if you will get hastle from them then its not worth it

#6 stevegtuk

stevegtuk

Stevegtuk

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: MONDEO

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

how about something similar to this.

http://www.k2motor.c...or-7-color.html

ot these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c6371c516

admittedly the first one is an american company but it gives the the general idea.

sorry If it turns out the links i have given are for the wrong year.

#7 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,966 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Agreed, technically they are legal, because they have seperate light compartments, the lower half is DRL, and the upper is Fog light, but it will attract a lot of attention, and you would regularly need to prove to passing officers that they are seperate. You are better off getting the DRL in the fog housing (not the light itself) i.e. a strip above the foglight

#8 Focus_IRE

Focus_IRE

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 250 posts
  • Name: Stephen
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TDCi 110BHP
Contributor

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

+1 Technically they are legal and I would have thought you would get away with them.

I am being a devils advocate now going asking does anyone know of anybody driving a new volvo with fog DRLs and have they been stopped? 

#9 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,966 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

I think the police tend to have an idea of cars that leave the factory (for example, those volvo's) and tend to allow them as they are factory fit, its more the retrofits that they would tend to pull.

#10 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,208 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
Contributor

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

I personally wouldn't have a problem with them but a black rat might get a bit twisty about them if they wanted to be officious.
If they are wired with the correct relays that dim them on side lights and switch them off with headlights then imho they are a good mod.
The drl section of the lights are clearly seperate to the fog section behind the lens so is not technically a fog light being misused.
Look at recent Minis and you'll see that they use the same style lights.

#11 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

ide say what the hell go for it if you want im sick of passing arses with the fogs on night and day and they seem fine all ide say is the cost is a bit high for what it is i agree the strip above the light looks better and ebay sell cheaper leds that will switch automatically with the headlights on etc for around £20 that will fit in the lower grill easily

#12 beefy505

beefy505

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus CC - CC3

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Seen a few new Fiat 500's with the split DRL / Fog light.

Wasn't to sure on the price for a set of replacement lights so may give it a miss but it's out there so someone may give it a go. :)

#13 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,966 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

I am quite happy with my aftermarket DRL's, granted I would have preferred to be able to buy the style that Lenny and Preee have on their cars, but it does the job, theres a bit more light there during the day and it doesnt look completely stupid so, I am happy with it!

#14 Marty1198

Marty1198

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5 Style
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Apologies for raising this subject again but some of my pals were discussing the legality of DRLs on older cars, so I was able to put them right with the info I got on the forum. I have this style I fitted. I had 2 strips of 6, 1 on either side of the grille, but 1 side failed after about 8 months so I changed them for these. They are 3watts each side. Very bright from the right angle but not too much light to blind oncoming traffic. They go off when my dipped beam is switched on. They were less than £5 to buy and are made of anodised alloy. They are called Eagle Eyes.

Attached Thumbnails

• DRL.jpg
  • Focus DRL.jpg
  • Focus DRL3.jpg
  • Focus DRL2.jpg

#15 stevegtuk

stevegtuk

Stevegtuk

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: MONDEO

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Apologies for raising this subject again but some of my pals were discussing the legality of DRLs on older cars, so I was able to put them right with the info I got on the forum. I have this style I fitted. I had 2 strips of 6, 1 on either side of the grille, but 1 side failed after about 8 months so I changed them for these. They are 3watts each side. Very bright from the right angle but not too much light to blind oncoming traffic. They go off when my dipped beam is switched on. They were less than £5 to buy and are made of anodised alloy. They are called Eagle Eyes.

They are are good.

I have a few on the tailgate panel so they shine down and light up the edge of the boot and road behind so I can see what im doing at night.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users