Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Trading In My Focus For A Fiesta

chriskelly

i visited my local ford dealer and i came across a 2009 fiesta zetec s 1.6 petrol 3dr in white and it looks sweet but the dillema is i have a 2008 focus 2 (face lift model) 1.8 3d rand was thinking of buying a diesel to save some money, ive had the focus for 3 years now and fancy a change but not sure if its a step in the right direction. ive checked tax, insurance and fuel cosumption and i am happy with these and i dont want to find out i made the wrong decision. any help will be greatly appreciated

chris

Chris

You won't regret it. These really are lovely little cars, very nippy, cheap to run I get 39mpg from mine and I do have a heavy right foot. Theyhave good spec and there are lots of little mods you can do if you want to or just leave it as it is. Only thing you will notice is the smaller boot and no rear doors but you'll soon get used to that. (I had a 1.8 diesel Mondeo before this)

I'd say go for it.

• Like 1

thanks philf, thanks for you post, luckily my focus is a 3dr so that wont be an issue it just the focus is a bit more refined and it was a big change from my previous car which was a slammed mk6 rs 2000. i want something that can be fun (same problem with the right foot ) and be cheaper to run and reliable. im not completly sold on the center console as i personally dont think it is as nice but could overlook if meets the other criteria.

You had a test drive yet? If not get one booked and give it some beans that should convince you. Of course if you want more power you can always go for a Mountune performance upgrade to either 140 or 155bhp.

I know what you mean about the refined aspect, same with the mondeo, but I soon got used to it and to be honest the ride is pretty good, not too harsh but firm enough for those testing corners.

• Like 1

thanks philf1 (got it right this time :s) i am heading back on saturday so will definately give the beans and hope i make the right decision, just a quick question how many miles do you get out a tank?

• Like 1

I rarley let mine get empty but have never put more than £50 in it even when warning light once came on. I did drive to Brighton recently about 270 miles on £38 about 3/4 tank. Granted motorway all the way but still pretty impressive. The tank must be relatively small,certainly compared to mondeo, £50 was half a tank, and I guess focus must be similar.

thats pretty good as its only a 42 ltr tank and the mondeo is probably the same as my focus which is 55 litres, when the tank is full the computer says 360 but usually can squeze out a few more. still better than my pld rs2000 i was lucky to see 260 out a tank

I came from a facelift focus st to my 1.0 ecoboost fiesta and love it. The Fiesta is a great car and will easily compete with a diesel fiesta for fuel. I average 42mpg over a full tank and drive like I'm still in the ST.

If your looking at a 2 plus year old fiesta for fuel economy the diesel is the way but if your looking at new then the EcoBoost would be my first choice ;)

• Like 1

thanks willy, i thought about a diesel but i do prefere petrol and i am looking at a 2009/10 model tho. I do want to have some fun so don't want to got to far into the economy side but this seems to be the happy medium. i think a test drive is needed to help me make up my mind

Sound like you've nearly got it sorted then :) don't go below a 1.4 cos there gutless and boring ;) unless you can afford an ecoboost :p

• Like 1

The 1.6TDCi isn't too bad, and a remap shifts them to around 125bhp for a few hundred notes.

i think i do, i think its time for a change pending the test drive

i'll be on at the weekend to see what my decision will be

thanks for all the help :D

The 1.6TDCi isn't too bad, and a remap shifts them to around 125bhp for a few hundred notes

it's an option and i will see if they have one but my gut says petrol all the way. decisions...

I actually had the same decision to make 2years ago I went from a 1.8 petrol mk2 focus to a mk7 1.6tdci fiesta and haven't looked back I have the same lead foot problem most people have and still get 47mpg and its a joy to drive only thing I sort of miss is the space in the focus it was like a tardis but I love the fez and all I'm ever changing it for is a mk1 focus rs

I actually had the same decision to make 2years ago I went from a 1.8 petrol mk2 focus to a mk7 1.6tdci fiesta and haven't looked back I have the same lead foot problem most people have and still get 47mpg and its a joy to drive only thing I sort of miss is the space in the focus it was like a tardis but I love the fez and all I'm ever changing it for is a mk1 focus rs

I actually had the same decision to make 2years ago I went from a 1.8 petrol mk2 focus Zetec to a mk7 1.6tdci fiesta zetec s and haven't looked back I have the same lead foot problem most people have and still get 47mpg and its a joy to drive only thing I sort of miss is the space in the focus it was like a tardis but I love the fez and all I'm ever changing it for is a mk1 focus rs

• 1 month later...

sorry its been ages since ive been on here, the latest is i am now the proud owner of a fiesta zetec s. i had to wait a few weeks to collect as it had private plates on it from new. so far ive had lots of fun and definately made the right decision, the only thing is ive realised white cars need washed a lot lol

thanks for all the help everyone :D and keep on :driving: