Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lost Power To Cluster And Car Won't Start

Davyc

Hope you can help me with this lads. Fitted a a new headunit using the connect 2 kit. All was working perfect so I decided to run the cables for the sub. So whilst fishing the cable through the grommet in the bulkhead, the radio went off. I first thought maybe it timed out so went to switch on the key and nothing. The LCD display is dead and car won't turn over. Checked all fuses.

You could have dislodged something when you was 'fishing the cable through grommet in the bulkhead', but it still sounds (no pun intended) like a blown fuse to me

Got to the bottom of this problem. Turns out one the 60 amp main fuses in the distribution block on the battery box was blown. It didn't blow for no reason so went investigating round where the loom goes behind the turret and through the bulk head. Turns out that the wiring had been rubbing off a bracket and the insulation had all but worn right through. It obviously shorted when I disturbed it and blew the fuse. Good job that it happened really as it could have easily let me down whilst driving. All fixed up now and working perfect

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club