Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Lenny Purchase A New Whip? Or Get Serious!!

Lenny

Pmsl...george good luck with that

Here is a too mod for your gear change lmao

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-PINK-!Removed!-GEAR-KNOB-200MM-TAPERED-JDM-/300949808601?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461201a5d9

One has to question.. why are they showing its size in comparison to an iPhone ?

Might stop you jumping in to the drivers seat from the passengers side

Instead of getting out and walking around the car!!

lol are you for real?a friend of mine does this and half the time when we're trying together i want to slap him

Sooo annoying ain't it I hate people that take ages to park ...just get in the spot!!!!!!

The rear view mirror is magnified there for it is difficult to judge distance when reversing.

Whilst there is a lot of tuning support for these cars, a lot of it is in Australia/New Zealand, or in Japan and the US, so parts are gonna be a pain in the rump.

If you want something nippy, an MX-5 is always a decent plan, and there's that many of them flying about parts are easy to acquire, and an instant few bhp from one of the millions of supercharger/turbo bolt-on kits out there. An easy 200bhp really.

Alternatively, a Mini (classic) with a V-Tec in is always fun. And there is always the kit car approach.

IMO MX-5 is a hair dressers car mate,

It is light, mid engined and fast but still a hair dressers car, and I'm 6ft 2in lol

Honda is IMO boy racer, the VTEC sound boy racer don't like anything to do with Honda except my lawnmower,

Giving the amount of mods I've done on the focus I think its best I go for something that mods are had to get for,

Because then the temptation is less,

Although I've found a full engine management system from HKS brand new for the Levin going for under 400 pounds, that's cheaper than a modern day ECU remap.

I love the sound of Toyota twin cam engines and have my heart set on a 20valve 4AGE twin-cam engine,

Thanks very much for advise Dave mate I do appreciate input,

But its going to be a Levin for me, and I enjoy the challenge of importing mods from japan and newzealand,

The Levin is very popular in Ireland seems to have skipped the uk, but I've saw on the dedicated forum,

There are a few breakers dedicated a shed to Levin parts.

The engine parts can be purchased from ford timing belts etc.

Body kits are a difficult find but breakers can help,

Rhdjapan is a website with plenty of new parts and body kits too.

• Like 1

Whilst there is a lot of tuning support for these cars, a lot of it is in Australia/New Zealand, or in Japan and the US, so parts are gonna be a pain in the rump.

If you want something nippy, an MX-5 is always a decent plan, and there's that many of them flying about parts are easy to acquire, and an instant few bhp from one of the millions of supercharger/turbo bolt-on kits out there. An easy 200bhp really.

Alternatively, a Mini (classic) with a V-Tec in is always fun. And there is always the kit car approach.

He's just being stubborn dave cus I hate the levin so he wants it...everyone knows it ugly and a drug dealers car but won't say it lol was trying to get him to get mk1 golf

Lenny in an MX5? -

post-38050-0-07532400-1378566720_thumb.j

I don't think so :lol:

• Like 1

Get an MR2 Roadster so you can really move over to the pink side :p

• Like 1

oh god a true hair dressers car, can't believe you've suggested this mate an MX 5 lol... it deserves to be posted in thread cars men should not drive.

And Vicky yeah it's truly annoying lol lenny should use the wing mirrors ha ha

ps

1979_Volkswagen_Rabbit_Euro_GTI_COnversi

• Like 1

oh god a true hair dressers car, can't believe you've suggested this mate an MX 5 lol... it deserves to be posted in thread cars men should not drive.

And Vicky yeah it's truly annoying lol lenny should use the wing mirrors ha ha

ps

1979_Volkswagen_Rabbit_Euro_GTI_COnversi

Kurt you know what was funniest of all mate,

The guy I bought the Levin interior from,

He doesn't drive a Levin anymore..... no... he's got a !Removed! Golf lmao

No escaping

• Like 1

Lenny in an MX5? -

attachicon.gif pink mx5.jpg

I don't think so :lol:

Get an MR2 Roadster so you can really move over to the pink side :p

The old version of the MR2 was alrite, could create a Ferrari replica with the chassis,

But no mx5 guys,

I need a back seat for the kids in the event to focus is ever unavailable the Levin would become the required vehicle although Vicki says herself or the kids will NEVER sit in it lol

• Like 2

The old version of the MR2 was alrite, could create a Ferrari replica with the chassis,

Saw one a couple of years ago, looked very good until you noticed the cooling fans showing through the rear slats.

• Like 2

An MX-5 may not be the best looking, but with 250bhp in them they're more fun than most cars for that kind of price range :P

What about an R33 Skyline? Or is that a little large?

No Impreza's or Evo's, they're terrible things (although the hatchback Impreza is a win).

• Like 2

Here is a too mod for your gear change lmao http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-PINK-!Removed!-GEAR-KNOB-200MM-TAPERED-JDM-/300949808601?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461201a5d9

One has to question.. why are they showing its size in comparison to an IPhone ?

Might stop you jumping in to the drivers seat from the passengers side

Instead of getting out and walking around the car!!

One kñob sitting in the passenger seat is more than enough in the car thanks babes ....your daughters seen the eyelashes for the car today and a hula dancer air freshner lol

Saw one a couple of years ago, looked very good until you noticed the cooling fans showing through the rear slats.

Ive never been that close to notice anything like that mate,

Last time i saw one, it was parked on main street of Dundalk in 1999 stuck in mu mind because it had this snorkle style induction scoop tha came out of the rear engine grill behind the rear window and sat on the roof facing forwards,

I remember thinking that looks super cool lol mind you i was 14 years old then.

An MX-5 may not be the best looking, but with 250bhp in them they're more fun than most cars for that kind of price range :P

What about an R33 Skyline? Or is that a little large?

No Impreza's or Evo's, they're terrible things (although the hatchback Impreza is a win).

I agree the Mazda Mx-5 can be tuned nicely, even mighty car mods took one and fitted a turbo with stand alone ecu,

They fitted a dump valve too which seems weird on a convertable car lol

An R33 mew ha ha ha

Now that's a serious car mate, I'd be afraid to drive it encase the rear swung out on me,

And I believe they would require an upgrade from ceramic turbo to ball bearing turbo or something,

My mate Declan in work told me before that skylines R32 and R33 had ceramic turbos which didn't like extra boost too much.

Beautiful car and I have saw them around but too much power on the rear axle for my liking lol

Lenny, been following your plans for a while. I found this today just in case you were interested:

Price seems right and appears to not have any mods done so far. Might be a winner :)

• Like 1

P.S: After seeing that Mighty Car Mods episode, I really wanted to get myself an MX-5 as a project car. Still could be my mid life crisis plan :P

• Like 1

Lenny, been following your plans for a while. I found this today just in case you were interested:

Price seems right and appears to not have any mods done so far. Might be a winner :)

P.S: After seeing that Mighty Car Mods episode, I really wanted to get myself an MX-5 as a project car. Still could be my mid life crisis plan :P

Thanks mate,

It does look to be in great condition and those are standard alloys,

Only problem is I'm in the process of saving so it will be December/January when it will shadow the drive way lol

If you find any others please pm me mate,

Limits the potential competition ;)

Please don't encourage him ....its a ugly car that will get him bad reputation and he's 28yrs old no where near mid life crisis...god help everyone then he will probably want an aeroplane

• Like 1

@Lenny: Will keep an eye out and if I see any new ones will PM you. Did you consider trying to import a fresh one from Japan? Or better, find a nice used model from the UK and bring it over. I reckon there will be a good few more over there than here.

@Vicki: Let Lenny enjoy life a little. He has served his biological purpose already ;) Let him have his toy...ahem project car. The way I see it is, he is a wealth of knowledge already and will be helping out others with his future guides for the next car. That kind of karma goes a long way and it's always good to have some good karma in this lifetime. Plus, it could be worse and he could have chosen to get a golf :P

• Like 1

What would your main plans be, keeping stock, track day stuff, modifying, rwd conversion?

• Like 1

Please don't encourage him ....its a ugly car that will get him bad reputation and he's 28yrs old no where near mid life crisis...god help everyone then he will probably want an aeroplane

your getting a focus out of it princess ;) will get me up on a Monday morning and out to work smiling

@Lenny: Will keep an eye out and if I see any new ones will PM you. Did you consider trying to import a fresh one from Japan? Or better, find a nice used model from the UK and bring it over. I reckon there will be a good few more over there than here.

@Vicki: Let Lenny enjoy life a little. He has served his biological purpose already ;) Let him have his toy...ahem project car. The way I see it is, he is a wealth of knowledge already and will be helping out others with his future guides for the next car. That kind of karma goes a long way and it's always good to have some good karma in this lifetime. Plus, it could be worse and he could have chosen to get a golf :P

Thanks Hassen lol

Check you back, Vicki might have a virtual knife in it mate :lol:

Believe it or not, the AE111 has started to go up in price again in japan, because most have been exported,

From what I read on the forum, the uk doesn't have as many of them as Ireland does,

I've saw two breakers from your county who have possession of around five Levine each all dedicated to breaking and spares,

This is fantastic because I can travel in the economical focus to collect parts from within the country instead of purchasing or trying to source from japan,

I appreciate you looking out for a good one, but hold off on that until December because I won't have the funds saved until then, and I'm only teasing myself viewing before I can afford to buy it.

What would your main plans be, keeping stock, track day stuff, modifying, rwd conversion?

.Mainly I'll keep it tastefully modified and in theme with its era, not for track use just for the roads with sweeping bends,

It will be for the occasional trip to work, when Vicki needs the focus, and for weekend drives in the country,

My main plan is to restore the interior for example if stock speaker grills were missing or dash was badly scratched I'd try to source parts to get it back to like new,

I like the sound of the plans for the new project lenny and cant wait till you get one and if you post it up on here I will be sure to follow it from start to finnish.

going by what you have done with the focus im sure it will be in very safe hands

• Like 1

I want the golf much nicer and respectable car ...I don't think karma visits chavs on forums and sticking ur !Removed! in someone isn't job done uve got to raise them ....I've no issue in wee project car but get a nice one he had issues with people nearly robbing the starlet I don't want them watching the house or gaff (what leo will call it with his buds) when I'm here alone

• Like 2

I like the sound of the plans for the new project lenny and cant wait till you get one and if you post it up on here I will be sure to follow it from start to finnish.

going by what you have done with the focus im sure it will be in very safe hands

Thanks very much Barry,

I'll be posting the build thread here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/AE111_Forum/forum/25610/

When I get the car I'll create the specific build thread and put a link in the focus build thread to it.

Looking forward to it now,

Sad to say my final mod on the focus is dpf removal at 10am tomorrow,

I'll be on the road at 6am driving past many exhaust garages to get to the one that will cut open the chamber on the weld,remove internals and refit everything to appear to be stock.

Sad to be complete on the focus, but it was super fun

• Like 2

Found a Volkswagen polo local,

Must have sold on eBay and awaiting collection lmao.

. IMG_20130914_091627_zps8f2c8b89.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks very much Barry,

I'll be posting the build thread here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/AE111_Forum/forum/25610/

When I get the car I'll create the specific build thread and put a link in the focus build thread to it.

Looking forward to it now,

Sad to say my final mod on the focus is dpf removal at 10am tomorrow,

I'll be on the road at 6am driving past many exhaust garages to get to the one that will cut open the chamber on the weld,remove internals and refit everything to appear to be stock.

Sad to be complete on the focus, but it was super fun

Hopefully after the DPF removal you'll be thinking oh man... the levin is a bad idea lol nah just messing with you, it's a cool car, although i agree with vicky more though ;- )

• Like 2

Hopefully after the DPF removal you'll be thinking oh man... the levin is a bad idea lol nah just messing with you, it's a cool car, although i agree with vicky more though ;- )

DPF internal removed yesterday and has given 3 times the increase felt from egr blanking,

Levin is now top of the list,

I've took a bit of the dpf combe home for a Souvenir lol

• Like 2