Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Lenny Purchase A New Whip? Or Get Serious!!

Lenny

Lenny, you are right about the stands. Safer the other way.

And, btw, you can always leave Vicki to chat with my wife. I am sure they will have a field day talking about how ''My husband is obsessed with his car. That's all he talks about!" Lol.

• Like 1

your so condescending,

As result, I'll leave you in the car with no radio and no windows open, while I have a cup of tea with hassen,

Thanks for the link mate,

I'll need to get some tools for servicing the Levin, oil filter clamp,

And I'm not a fan of axle stands but I'd like a set of ramps instead,

Can keep the wheels on just drive up, bit more expensive but I think the support better.

anything other than standard family cars normally dont go up ramps, they seem to make them to steep for cars these days so do you research before you buy otherwise you might be disappointed

• Like 1

Lenny, you are right about the stands. Safer the other way.

And, btw, you can always leave Vicki to chat with my wife. I am sure they will have a field day talking about how ''My husband is obsessed with his car. That's all he talks about!" Lol.

anything other than standard family cars normally dont go up ramps, they seem to make them to steep for cars these days so do you research before you buy otherwise you might be disappointed

In the words of beyonce ...lenny hasn't put a ring on it lol so its my boyfriend chat hassen lol

Yeah lenny research ....I can imagine ye calling me from drive to go out and see ye squashed under it dunno what id do first laugh or take a picture lol

• Like 3

In the words of beyonce ...lenny hasn't put a ring on it lol so its my boyfriend chat hassen lol

Yeah lenny research ....I can imagine ye calling me from drive to go out and see ye squashed under it dunno what id do first laugh or take a picture lol

. 277918932_7f6c98fdd5_zpsa8c500cf.jpg

• Like 2

Looking Good Lenny,

• Like 2

Looking Good Lenny,

Thanks pal :lol:

Heats a killer in the summer but Vicki likes me in the winter

• Like 2

Update:

PICKING UP THE BZR ON THURSDAY!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Edited by Lenny
  • Like 4

Update:

PICKING UP THE BZR ON THURSDAY!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

The back of the Net :)

• Like 1

Back of the net meaning good leo hun ...sport being lennys weak spot

• Like 1

Thanks pal :lol:

Heats a killer in the summer but Vicki likes me in the winter

True....u ain't called j-leo for no reason

The back of the Net :)

Thanks mate,

Back of the net meaning good leo hun ...sport being lennys weak spot

true,

Only net ive ever had anything in the back of was your fish ones :lol:

Im not in to football,

True....u ain't called j-leo for no reason

:lol: fella in I.T calls me "Lenny from the block"
  • Like 1

Thanks very much hassen that's very kind of you,

If I'm passing your way though it will mean I'm going to collect some Levin parts,

So I'd be on my own in the focus with the back seat folded to allow space for parts,

I was close by your area at 5am on the 05th September,

I was on nights that week 11-7 and I finished work 4 hours early to travel to killbeggan in order to collect a Levin interior for 100 euro,

Got to the 24hr Topaz station on the tulamore road at 04:25am bought a cup of tea with 3 sugars, 2 x Red bull and a snickers,

I then asked him to charge me for 20 diesel too,

And he says "are you going to drink the diesel too?"

I then had a sleep in the rear of the focus from 5-8am I must say its very spacious with the rear seat fold properly,

I then phoned the seller at 08:25 and collected the interior, I was home by 11

I'll let you know if I'm down that way some time mate,

Or if you would like a han with anything on the focus its no problem,

Lenny, man, that is dedication! I don't think I would have been able to do that now. Kudos!

Btw, Tullamore people are very witty and funny. The other day at the station here, the guy behind the counter goes to me "Do you want me to keep the €40 behind the counter when you come back to get Diesel during the week?" relating to the change from paying for my lunch. Joker he is!

And you are welcome over any time. Thanks a million for the offer to help, I appreciate it. So far, no plans on mods on the horizon at present but that might change very soon lol.

Best of luck with picking up the new car. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

• Like 1

Lenny, man, that is dedication! I don't think I would have been able to do that now. Kudos!

Btw, Tullamore people are very witty and funny. The other day at the station here, the guy behind the counter goes to me "Do you want me to keep the 40 behind the counter when you come back to get Diesel during the week?" relating to the change from paying for my lunch. Joker he is!

And you are welcome over any time. Thanks a million for the offer to help, I appreciate it. So far, no plans on mods on the horizon at present but that might change very soon lol.

Best of luck with picking up the new car. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

:lol: there so used to you coming and going,

40 euro would last you a good bit on diesel too mate,

Thanks for the welcome,

No pressure on the offer to help neither, mod it in your own time offers always open if required,

I've got a nice 3hrs 25min trip each way on Thursday lol

I'll know it well in that time I'll be able to provide a full review :lol:

Should be up by 18:00 on Thursday.

They are well used by me now. I use approximately a full tank each 7-8 days! They see chi ching when I pull up at the fore court! Lol.

Btw, where are you picking the car from? It looks like it was really well kept and not abused over the years. That is a very long trip. I hope the radio works at least to keep ya going.

Btw, Vicki, I think I totally put my foot in it the other day with the Mrs thing. Apologies...and, yes, Beyonce has it right. Hint hint Lenny :P

• Like 2

They are well used by me now. I use approximately a full tank each 7-8 days! They see chi ching when I pull up at the fore court! Lol.

Btw, where are you picking the car from? It looks like it was really well kept and not abused over the years. That is a very long trip. I hope the radio works at least to keep ya going.

Btw, Vicki, I think I totally put my foot in it the other day with the Mrs thing. Apologies...and, yes, Beyonce has it right. Hint hint Lenny :P

I'm giving her somhing more valuable than any ring, somting more valuable than my genetles,

I'm signing over the focus, I mean what do you want from me!

Anyway

I'm picking the car up tomorrow from south cork,

It has been well looked after by the owner since 2006 but some !Removed! has recently keyed the whole bonnet and passenger side,

Hence why I've gotten it so cheap,

It needs a full respray,

But I know a body shop who will see it fully resprayed for the south side of 1500

They sprayed my whole focus kit for 400 including fitting,

Here are some pics

. image10_zpsa536a32f.jpeg

image9_zps4ac4bb80.jpeg

image8_zps8ce5e010.jpeg

image7_zpsbfb44746.jpeg

• Like 1

OH Lenny, Remember when I said polish a black car to within an inch of its life, A nice set of wheels specked so the stance is right, well Borbet A's are another option, I loved mine :)

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

HOW SWEET DOES THIS LOOK

Levin1_zps562b5b47.jpg

Take this pic to the painter and tell him, this is what you want :)

• Like 2

I really hope there's a stereo in it mate,

3hrs 32min drive home

But straight motor way :) bwwwwwwaaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!!

Lenny's back on the petrol baby

OH Lenny, Remember when I said polish a black car to within an inch of its life, A nice set of wheels specked so the stance is right, well Borbet A's are another option, I loved mine :)

V

HOW SWEET DOES THIS LOOK

Levin1_zps562b5b47.jpg

Take this pic to the painter and tell him, this is what you want :)

That looks the business mate,

That's the AE101 BZG same engine but lower spec and a 5 speed box,

The body kit is standard spec except for the light brows and of course the rims,

The AE101 didn't have super strut suspension so it was easy to lower it,

The rims o look sweet mate,

But sadly I don't like the feel of deep dish rims,

I had them on a starlet before and I didn't like the handling on them,

They do look sweet in the car but for driving pleasure there not my cuppa mate,

I really appreciate you taking the time to present it to me in the way you have done, and as always I value your input,

Thanks.

Paintwork tis nice though ;) , have fun tomorrow collecting it, not to much fun though. You wouldn't want to get pulled on your maiden voyage.

• Like 1

Paintwork tis nice though ;) , have fun tomorrow collecting it, not to much fun though. You wouldn't want to get pulled on your maiden voyage.

I'll be keep in her legal mate,

I don't know the road so I'll be tailing the focus all the way home because it will be using sat nav,

I'm insured in it from midnight tonite

The paint reflection in the picture is lovely,

I've hinted for an electric buffer for Xmas but Vicki told me otherwise on the hint in halfrauds last Sunday lol

I've plans to give it a detail tomorrow once home even though its going to be sand and sprayed, ill give it a polish

Only fear I have is

Its a 6 speed gear box,

And

Where reverse is located on the focus

That's where 6th is on the Levin,

So I really hope I never go from 5th to R in the focus :lol:

If I did it would probably !Removed! a bag of bolts

• Like 1

Ah not to worry with the gears. I am sure you will be used to it in a few minutes. Plus, I think that to get into reverse with the Focus, you have to pull the gear lever towards you and then pull back. The 6th gear just slots right below the 5th. No pulling towards you in this case.

The drive home should be a fun one. Is Vicki driving with you down to Cork?

As for the paint, the price you got for the full respray is very competitive. Plus, they did a great job previously for you.

That picture posted about of the black Levin lowered looks ace. Deep dish Bobets not really my cup of tea as well but the stance is spot on. Not ridiculously low and still very usable everyday. Nice find georgen.

• Like 2

Ah not to worry with the gears. I am sure you will be used to it in a few minutes. Plus, I think that to get into reverse with the Focus, you have to pull the gear lever towards you and then pull back. The 6th gear just slots right below the 5th. No pulling towards you in this case.

The drive home should be a fun one. Is Vicki driving with you down to Cork?

As for the paint, the price you got for the full respray is very competitive. Plus, they did a great job previously for you.

That picture posted about of the black Levin lowered looks ace. Deep dish Bobets not really my cup of tea as well but the stance is spot on. Not ridiculously low and still very usable everyday. Nice find georgen.

Cheers mate,

Hopefully I don't make any mistakes on the focus lol

The guys who done the focus are a professional business too, has a proper spray booth and equipment,

So I'll drop over to him for a proper price around December/January I need to sort a Cwest front bumper first then get all sprayed as one.

Yeah vickis driving down with me and the kids :)

I'll drive down and she's driving the focus back home.

Looking good Lenny, however, it seems that your body shop friends appear to have inadvertently sprayed your face the same black they should apply to the car! I am rather concerned for you!

• Like 1

Looking good Lenny, however, it seems that your body shop friends appear to have inadvertently sprayed your face the same black they should apply to the car! I am rather concerned for you!

Ha ha,

That's not my face or bod in those pictures mate that's the seller,

3:35hrs journey home and all I can say is ow my god!!!

Sticks t the road like horse !Removed!

The power is like turbo but no lag,

The speedo goes to 180kmh but I reached that in 4th with 2 gears to go ha ha :)

I need a bigger speedo.

Also the back box silencer is split,

So I'm sure you can imagine snagglepuss was back firing and as raspy as a bag of hornets

Its Lenny's new whip but for the minute its whip spelt W.I.P

Some parts need replacing

Washer bottle leak,

Drivers air vent,

Centre air vent,

Climate control unit,

Accelerator pedal cover,

Rear spoiler needs fitting,

Washer jets replacement,

Front drivers seat replacement.

Windscreen replacement

All good stuff though,

Gives me something to work on straight away.

On the up side,

Its got 4 new tyres,

All round brake pads and front discs,

KYB rear shocks,

Rear springs,

Rear bushes replaced too, all done last month.

Anti theft nuts,

Clifford G5 alarm,

Illuminated ignition ring,

Auto lock doors

Auto pop boot

Racing spec light weight battery,

Short shift gear box,

Genuine wind deflectors,

Genuine Levin floor mats front & rear,

Pioneer stereo with aux port,