Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Lenny Purchase A New Whip? Or Get Serious!!

Lenny

Yeah i did find it in english thanks bud. on the photo of the two line system, did they put it together for photo purposes? is there a link there where DPF connects? i think i can see it from the pics but not sure. yeah i think i will purchase this kit including the turbo down pipe it's not a bad price. will have a word with my mate and get him to order it for me

Dpf sits under the turbo mate,

Then links to the flexi down pipe,

I'll link pictures tomorrow of underneath,

They also sell a hybrid turbo kit for 900euro tempting but I'm done lol

Hidden cost on turbo upgrade is a kevlar clutch and bigger brakes

• Like 1

Yeah exactly lenny! i saw the turbo and my heart opened but then i thought clutch... gearbox... brakes... ARRGGHHH :- ( had brake fade on my focus already under heavy braking and it was rather frightening...

The moment when you squeeze and get nothing more not cool. Maybe i will leave that to a later stage, before any turbo work is done i plan to get steel braided brake lines, this gives more performance than rear disc brake conversion garanteed

Deffo added the downpipe and exhaust to my list, gotta save up for it though sadly

• Like 1

As October approaches us now next week,

I've began to get more serious on searching for the specific one.

I've spent three hours searching today and below are images of my top two,

So all going well, in 9-10 weeks time if they are still available either option 1 or option 2 will be sharing the drive way with the focus,

Here are the images,

Both are 1999 models with modification but engine & air box still entact, no dodgy induction systems.

Option 1 has more mods than option 2 including a carbon fibre bonnet which has been sprayed colour coded which I like much.

IMG_20130928_192245_zps15106c72.jpg

Gauges on pillar

IMG_20130928_192050_zps0634c7c6.jpg

OPTION TWO

IMG_20130928_192329_zps0725ef5f.jpg

IMG_20130928_191758_zps81fd2e17.jpg

Both options are over three hours drive from home but will be worth the journey,

Option 2 only has the front bumper of a body kit, so would require completion,

However option 1 has the full body kit,

Black isint my favourite colour now I'd prefer white but the spec is winning it for me.

Counting down the weeks now :)

I'd like to request a communal finger crossing from everyone

That option 1 is still available in 9-10 weeks time

• Like 1

Option 2 is a much better looking car.

Thanks,

I like the white too,

Option 2 only has the front bumper of the full body kit though,

Option 1 has the full kit already aswell as some uprated parts,

So if I was lucky enough to have option 1 available in December

A respray to white would cost less than building option 2 to the same spec and would look exactly the same as option 2 with the complete kit fitted.

the black one looks right as the wheel/tyre combo is right plus it sits right, the white one would look sweeter if the right wheel/tyre package was put on and the offset sorted to make is sit right. whit cars all the rage the last 12 months but its like fashion it changes so I wouldnt get hung up on colour, but saying that think hard before going for black, its amazing when straight clean and shiny but its a pain keeping it like that and it shows every imperfection.

• Like 1

the black one looks right as the wheel/tyre combo is right plus it sits right, the white one would look sweeter if the right wheel/tyre package was put on and the offset sorted to make is sit right. whit cars all the rage the last 12 months but its like fashion it changes so I wouldnt get hung up on colour, but saying that think hard before going for black, its amazing when straight clean and shiny but its a pain keeping it like that and it shows every imperfection.

Thanks George,

Based on your advise there mate you reckon a black car would have been looked after cleaned more than a white?

Considering there both 13 years old :lol:

P.S. I like the black/gold combination on Option 1

Some anodised red centre can rings would be a nice touch,

If I did get option 1 though I'd sell those wheels and fit some light weight gold coloured 17" Rota boost, paint calipers red and insert some matching centre caps.

Pure car Pourn :lol:

http://www.rotashop.co.uk/default.php?search=17%22

IMG_20130929_100519_zps8a99eee9.jpg

Black car with gold Rota rims with powder blue callipers Biguns lol, stance right polished within a inch of its life, you will need polisher and anti swirl and it would look the dogs !Removed!.

• Like 1

Black car with gold Rota rims with powder blue callipers Biguns lol, stance right polished within a inch of its life, you will need polisher and anti swirl and it would look the dogs !Removed!.

Yes blue would be in keeping with the subtle black,

Wouldn't pop out at ya as much as the red.

I think brakes are 4 pot front and twin pot rear so sufficient size for painting.

Polisher?

Hmm suppose I will have to invest,

Option 1 has sold today FFS :(

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyta-levin-bzr-price-drop/5338689

Option 2 still available

So will be white rotas now George :lol:

However,

"If I was a rich man, da da di da, di da,

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-levin-bzr-black-top/5599249

Hi all,

Well back in 2010 I was caught in a divide between purchasing a ford focus or a Toyota Corolla Levin BZR,

I joined foc and AE111 forum,

As you can see I bought the focus,

I now have space in the drive way for another car,

My focus is in the final stages of completion and my hands are becoming idle,

I still love the Toyota Levin,

And its quite an unusual setup inside which makes it fun to work on,

They finished making them in 2000 so I'd be purchasing from 1997-2000

They are a Japanese import never actually sold in Europe from dealers

The engine is a 20 valve twin can 1.6 petrol with velocity stacks as standard.

There are two models of engine BZG and BZR both engines are 1.6N/A petrol

The BZR is a 6 speed fwd with 187bhp as standard.

Their are two models Trueno and Levin

Both are identical except for the front bumper and both released at the same time, in Japanese Trueno means thunder and Levin means lightening

They were released in 5 colours

Electric blue

Charcoal grey

White

Black

Dark green,

Both models are 2 door coupé but due to their full name "Toyota corolla Levin" some insurance company's view it as a corolla which leaves the insurance cheap.

I've not saved the money up yet,

But id like a blue one I've saw this one

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-levin/5589541

The focus would then be driven daily by Vicki and the Levin would be my car for work,

But what do you guys reckon,

Should I purchase a Levin

Or

Should I get serious and purchase something more erm domestically pleasant.

If I purchased the blue Levin I'd lower it and fit a set of white 17" volk rays TE37's aswell as a 3" cat back exhaust.

images_zps10a8c4fa.jpg

But what do you guys think?

I'm 28

Father of two

Should I purchase something more common and subtle?

Am I too old?

looks like the nissan 200 SX.

• Like 1

looks like the nissan 200 SX.

Only safer as its FWD

Its a 200SX for handy caps ;)

white car, black wheels and blue calipers :), its hard to get a wheel car colour wrong unless you are mad, most of the time when it looks wrong its because its the wrong wheel and the wrong size and et, those cars need lots of wheel and not much tyre, also need the arches filling, so et is a must get right thing, even running a slight stretch and have rims poking ever so slightly, but deffo no tuck for them.

• Like 1

Looks very nice but i wonder why on such cars (like on all "Tupperware" cars) they always want to make the rear look like a truck with that chimney sized exhaust. I think it's a sign of poor taste, that size of exhaust pipe's only looks good on a Mack or Kenworth truck but hey, can not argue about taste.......... ;)

• Like 1

Looks very nice but i wonder why on such cars (like on all "Tupperware" cars) they always want to make the rear look like a truck with that chimney sized exhaust. I think it's a sign of poor taste, that size of exhaust pipe's only looks good on a Mack or Kenworth truck but hey, can not argue about taste.......... ;)

Totally agree with you 100% mate,

I've even found one seller who is boasting a 5" tail pipe,

Even has bluetooth in the freak in exhaust man lmao :lol:

Great for phoning your mates with the bwaaaaammmm!!

Hope its not stuck in there

IMG_20130929_113019_zps3127f2c7.jpg

In true reality though,

Too small diameter can prevent performance

Too big can be worse than too small,

5" is stupid too big, even the toilet pipe in the jacks is 4.5"

The most a petrol engine needs to achieve maximum free flow is 3"

The most a diesel engine needs to achieve maximum free flow is 2.5"

The minimum for petrol is 1"

And diesel 1.5"

I plan to fit a 2.5" slash cut tip varex remote rear silencer,

Ideal for when you work shift,

Quiet parking in the driveway then straight through loud on the motorway.

Hard luck Lenny with Option 1 being sold. There are a good few out there, so don't worry too much. You might even end up with a better one :)

• Like 1

Hard luck Lenny with Option 1 being sold. There are a good few out there, so don't worry too much. You might even end up with a better one :)

Thanks pal,

On the specific car I thought I'd be the only one searching,

Because there's many other cars newer with bigger engines for the same type of money,

Didn't expect to see such a turnover on this perticular car,

For example:

Here's a 2000 celica,

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/celica-zzt231-trd/5751246

You can get a 2002 1.8vvti celica leather interior bod kit etc for around 3,000 euro,

If you were a typical boy racer you would be blindly led to think the 1.8 celica was faster and better because its a 2003 car. so why dont they buy that :lol:

Im surprised there's still much interest in the Levin from the general audiance.

Lenny I am a great believer in what's meant to be is meant to be so don't get disheartened the one for you will be there when you have the wonga available to buy.

• Like 1

Collecting a 2000 black Levin BZR on 17th guys,

I'll upload pictures when collected

• Like 2

Woohoo! Nicely done Lenny. Can't wait for the pictures. What mods are already on it or is it a stock car?

p.s: Do you not sleep? re post at 12:49am? lol

• Like 1

Woohoo! Nicely done Lenny. Can't wait for the pictures. What mods are already on it or is it a stock car?

p.s: Do you not sleep? re post at 12:49am? lol

:lol:

I'm working 3-11 this week mate,

I was up last night researching,

Its 100% standard except for alloys, clifford alarm and an extra exhaust,

The standard exhaust is supplied for MOT use lol I might get a steel pressed plate made up for it,

Tack weld on for NCT use only lmao instead of for race use only.

Its a 2000 black BZR 170bhp

Existing owner is a mechanic, has just done timing belt etc.

Paid deposit, picking it up in 3 weeks

Photo0326.jpg

I'll stick a bomex body kit on it with TRD rear spoiler across the months of next year,

Will look just like the one I missed out on last week ;)

• Like 1

Congrats! That is one very clean looking engine. I reckon this car was looked after very well since the owner was a mechanic. How is the interior? And where did you find it? Thought the car was gonna be purchased next year lol.

Btw, there is a crowd up in Dublin doing trade in for alloys if the ones you got are not to your taste.

www.route66dublin.ie. You have to call into them though to get a quote. They have a big selection from what I can see. Never deal with them so far though.

Tell me about working random hours! I am on call tonight and fingers crossed it's quiet now.

• Like 1

Congrats! That is one very clean looking engine. I reckon this car was looked after very well since the owner was a mechanic. How is the interior? And where did you find it? Thought the car was gonna be purchased next year lol.

Btw, there is a crowd up in Dublin doing trade in for alloys if the ones you got are not to your taste.

www.route66dublin.ie. You have to call into them though to get a quote. They have a big selection from what I can see. Never deal with them so far though.

Tell me about working random hours! I am on call tonight and fingers crossed it's quiet now.

I've not saw any pics of the interior yet mate,

Says its got CD player with standard Levin mats which are worth around 60 euro second hand now,

I p.an to replace carpet anyways and. Have an interior upstairs so its all good

He's just done timing belt too,

Says Speakers and all are completely standard, so that's great for me to upgrade.

No dodgy wiring with extra gauges or anything not specified on wiring diagrams,

Thanks for telling me about the guys taking alloys,

Do they trade for cash ? In the event they don't have anything I want ?

Plan on fitting a set of rota's next year,

I know I had planned on buying next year but I managed to pull a few strings,

I had 10 holidays left in work too, so I'm being paid for them instead of taking em, :)

Helped speed up the process,

• Like 1

stop short of selling your soul to the devil lenny :P, I feel something warm inside when I look at throttle bodies mmmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

Keep it standard :( or at least keep all of the standard bits, they're getting rare as standard cars now.

• Like 2