AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

JayTeddy

Mot Failure - Confused

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

A week ago I went to the garage for a pre-MOT... they said that front drop links need to be replaced, that's it. So I did that.

Today I went to different garage to do the MOT and it failed... the problems are:

001 Nearside front lower (rear) suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement [2.4.G.2]

002 Offside front lower (rear) suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement [2.4.G.2]

003 Nearside rear Trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement [2.4.G.2]

004 Offside rear Trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement [2.4.G.2]

Should I let them to the job (It was 285 quid or something) or should I go back to the first garage and let them to the re-test?

PS! Car is Ford Focus MK1 1999

these are common bushes to go and it will likely need done at the price they are qouting thats assuming they can get to the bushes the rear suspension wasnt greased from the factory so bolts snap etc budget a bit more if they know what they are doing they may drop the rear subframe just make sure the price includes a 4 wheel alignment when they are finished

Cheers!

Still weird, that previous garage did'nt notice that... anyway... what need to be replaced? I may use cheaper parts.

dont use the cheap parts if you want to replace them in a year been there done that the ford parts are far better the cheap parts are too soft and the rear will flop around on you not worth it for the little it will save to be honest you have this that replaces the lot http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK1-REAR-AXLE-TRAILING-ARM-ARMS-DROP-LINK-LINKS-D-BUSH-BUSHES-KIT-/160962066512?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item257a163850

or you can get individual parts http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Ford-Focus-Rear-Trailing-Arm-Bush-suspension-part-/280299767184?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41432b0590 the kits a good qaulity part dont know what they will take to fit cost wise but i replaced the lot

Thats the whole rear end basically all new parts with new bushes