• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ozzbozz

ozzbozz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0 TDI (MK IV)
Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

Hi, I have a 57 plate Mondeo 2.0 TDi (Mark IV), from June last year, ex demonstrator from Arnold Clark.

Anyway to the problem, which has happened about 3 times now over the past month, I was driving into Town picked up mother from the shops and on my way back the car slowed to a crawl mainly because the engine was limiting the revs.
At the same time on the Electronic display on the dash the following error message appeared "Engine Malfunction."
After a little bit of crawling I parked up turned off the engine waited a while turned it back on and hey presto the car was fine and even the display said no messages as if nothing had happened, so I just left it.

However the next time it happened I was entering a round about and the shock almost made me head towards the island so anyway booked it into me local Clarkys where I bought it.

Guess what they could find nothing wrong with it after putting it on the computers twice and doing a manual check. I even suggested they drive it but still they could not fault it, so reluctantly I just had to take it back, knowing there is something there lurking away.

So after all that spiel I'm wondering A; Has it happened to anyone else? and B; Do they have any clue what it could be?

Btw apart from this the car drives like a dream.

Thanks in advance guys. ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

it sounds like it could be a sensor starting to break down, but which one is hard to say with it being a intermittant fault.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users