Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

MartynS

Mot - Weird Emissions Results?

4 posts in this topic

My car passed its first MOT today and looking at the emissions results the CO level for both idle and fast idle engine speeds is -0.01%. How can it be negative, is my car actually cleaning the environment?! The other thing is the lambda level; 1.02 and the allowed range is 0.97-1.03. Does this mean anything as it's near the limit? And lastly, I'm guessing 18ppm on the HC level is good as the allowed range is 0-200?

They're all good.

CO negative has more to do with machine that tested it, it is nothing to worry about.

HC measures unburnt fuel, so closer to zero the better, 18ppm is very good

Lambda is good as long as its within range, being a very narrow band, near the limits is fine either way.

Cheers for the info, knew if was ok as it passed :P but good to hear it's all normal.

Would it not mean it's less than 0.01%...

I've got my first MOT on my car tomorrow having only passed my test in July...

Just hoping my poor child will make it through unscaved! :blink: