Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newby To Focus. Lights Question

leesheffield1

Hi there,

i'm a new owner of a 2010 zetec s focus. (pics to be added shortly). to start with i absolutely love it. I had a toyota yaris for 7 years previously and that was bulletproof (not literally) but now i am loving my new focus. :D

The question i would like to ask is about xenon HID kits. i bought one for my yaris and fitted it and i loved the way it lit up the road. unfortunately mr MOT man decided it was a fail because there was no defined line shining on the test wall. With the kit i bought it alos removed the full beam option because the lights were bright enough. (this i later found out was an automatic fail anyway) you live and learn i guess. I therefore had to remove them and fit the original bulbs for the retest! :angry: i was wondering if anyone has fitted any to their focus and put it through an MOT? i am thinking about buying some for winter but don't want the same happening again. if so do you have a link where i could buy them?

Also on a totally different topic i wanted to ask about the steering options on the focus. I had mine in standard for a while then onto comfort. i noticed that the car felt a bit 'loose' handling on the roads. I live in sheffield which is renowned for bad roads and it just didn't feel quite right. it just felt as if the car was pulling to one side and wasn't staying straight. I then put it into sport steering and it felt tons better. Does the sport steering option just stiffen up the power steering through the steering wheel or does it do anything to the actual steering/suspension of the wheels? (i may be just being thick right now) either way it now feels like i imagine a focus to feel from all the great reviews i've read.

thanks for any help/ advice i can get from anyone and i love reading some of the guides on here.

Lee

First of all, welcome.

Regarding HID lights, they are illegal unless fitted as standard (RS/ST) or you fit the expensive self levelling system and light washers from an ST or RS.

Concerning the steering, as the system is electrically controlled the settings just change the servo assist on the rack therefore making the steering stiffer or softer depending on the selected setting, it does not affect suspension geometry.

I personally drive in sport all the time as it makes the steering more crisp and precise, also sport setting is recommended for wet/snow/icy conditions.

• Like 1

First of all, welcome.

Regarding HID lights, they are illegal unless fitted as standard (RS/ST) or you fit the expensive self levelling system and light washers from an ST or RS.

Concerning the steering, as the system is electrically controlled the settings just change the servo assist on the rack therefore making the steering stiffer or softer depending on the selected setting, it does not affect suspension geometry.

I personally drive in sport all the time as it makes the steering more crisp and precise, also sport setting is recommended for wet/snow/icy conditions.

thanks for that advice. will stay away fom the HID kits then. i kind of figured as much as it had been the same on my previous car. i just didn't know if the focus had a way of making a more distinguishable outline on the lights. also thanks for the steering issue. i am keeping mine in sport too anyway from now on. much prefer it.

Any advice on which disk brakes and pads to use when i replace mine? i have been told APEC are a good make but are pretty standard. any others which are a bit sharper?

Lee

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club