Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Feyfob / Alarm / Lights

Paul Martin Forrest

I have a 2003 focus 1.8 with standard alarm/keyfob 3 button remote. Can anyone tell me if the indicators are supposed to flash when you lock or unlock the doors with the remote? I am sure I did see them flash one time but I haven't seen it since. While I am here, does anyone's remote work from a distance away ? I am due to change the battery anyway but my remote does only work when I stand right next to car. Thanks.

If you double lock i.e. press the lock button twice within a few seconds then it should flash the indicators.

Thats the only time my MK1 flashed the indicators.

Never when it unlocked but I've read of others that do.

I can get maybe 5 yards from my mondeo and use one of the remotes, yet another will only work up close.

I can only assume it's to do with the batteries condition and how much power is left in it

hubby1959 / Paul Martin Forrest,

Try holding your remote touching your chin when using it. As strange as it sounds, your skull acts as an amplifier for the signal, and you will find it extends the range of your remote! It makes mine work from a lot further away, although I do not have a problem like yours, where you have to by right by the car for it to work.

It certainly sounds like you need a new battery.

hubby1959 / Paul Martin Forrest,

Try holding your remote touching your chin when using it. As strange as it sounds, your skull acts as an amplifier for the signal, and you will find it extends the range of your remote! It makes mine work from a lot further away, although I do not have a problem like yours, where you have to by right by the car for it to work.

It certainly sounds like you need a new battery.

LMAO - I did see something like this either on top gear or gadget show about using the skull as an amp.

A new CR2032 battery is a couple of pounds and takes a minute to swap.

Yeah I have a couple coming from amazon. I have heard of a few folk having to reprogram the key after battery swap but other say if it's quick change then it's fine

If you double lock i.e. press the lock button twice within a few seconds then it should flash the indicators.

Thats the only time my MK1 flashed the indicators.

Never when it unlocked but I've read of others that do.

I must have double clicked mine once by accident then

Yeah I have a couple coming from Amazon. I have heard of a few folk having to reprogram the key after battery swap but other say if it's quick change then it's fine

You have a few minutes without causing problems.

Easy to reprogramme the key to the locking module anyway.

I had to buy a new remote key for the focus when i got it so i now know hot to program it so is fine if i need to do it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club