Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer Jets

D13 HPD 95

As it says led washer jets or colour code paint the original jets??

IMO LED would look a bit chavy

colour code them would look so much better

• Like 2

I'm going to colour code them and fit LEDs see what they are like for £3 worth a trial will upload a pic see what people think

Just colour code mate, I agree with ollies led on your washer jets would look cheap, chavy and a bit naff..... In my opinion of course,

If you do add them upload a picture of it then ask people's opinions :-)

• Like 1

Noooooooooooooooo

Don't put LEDs on your lovely car ;)

I colour coded mine. It takes time but well worth it.
You'll need sandpaper, plastic primer, your preferred colour and lacquer / clear coat.

post-5052-0-06314400-1366560829_thumb.jp
  • Like 2

Take your time and do it like willy says.... Here's mine, not the best pic but I'm proud to show my handy work, if I had LEDs I'd be ashamed lol

AFCC9A78-BA0E-4E56-BC27-2158D56CB80D-943

• Like 2

Cheers guys when im home im going to wire the LEDs up take a pic see what you think n im going to paint the old ones as well and compare pics soon i hope

Fitted them today o my not even worth my time and effect to wire them up!! Colour coded my old ones will look better, but normal jets or mist jets?? Led washer jet = someone who ud see have an exhaust soo big you can live in it!!!!

• Like 1

Wise choice Daniel, you have redeemed your self respect and the respect of almost every single FOC member as a sensible ford owner :-)

Highly recommend the mist jets, I wasn't too sure about them when I first fitted them, but now I wouldn't go back to the standard ones.

Upload pics once you colour code them, also you could code your aerial base as well :-)

Thanks will order a set of mist then ta can you paint them still?? :) n hmmm more painting ;) n i know lol i nearly puked when i plug them in and fainted lol!!

Aye mate you can paint the mist jets, mines and looks like willy's are mists too. Take your time doing lots of prep.... I sanded my jet housing to give the primer a good key to adhere, build up thin coats of primer sanding lightly with 1200grade wet n dry then same with your colour.... Building up thin layers sanding between coats, then the lacquer. I'm sure I did four coats of everything. Just cos its a tiny piece to paint, don't rush it or it will end up looking crap, and the paint will most likely crack.

At least you saw the error of your ways with the LEDs lol

Thanks yh i will, i am doing all my interior at the same time, once i have all the paint -.- and yh lol never trying that again!! Think ill burn those later get rid of the evidence hahaa

• Like 1

I painted mine, easy as. Didn't prime them and they've lasted well. I wouldn't recommend skipping the prep though, as they won't last just I have like 5 pairs of the things lying around and about a half hour to do them in :P

Amazing how many people get pulled for illuminated jets.had one with flashing blue ones, definite pulling flag.

Sweet :) i will paint my old ones as well :) anyone changed there radio antenna ?? And painted the base??

Dead easy mate, just unclip the interior courtesy light, then unscrew the aerial base from inside the roof lining using a torx T25 then unplug the cable.

This is for a mk6 but in sure the mk7 will be similar

Sweet :) thank you!! Will be happy painting for days ;) just need to keep inside the lines lol!!

Yeah keep inside the lines lol..... I found writing numbers on the parts worked as painting by numbers is always easier lol

;) might have to steal that idea!! Lol will post pics when ive done them i will start tomoz :D