Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Awful Am Radio Reception

jon200

Hi guys - hoping someone can help with this issue.

I have a 2011 Focus Zetec, which i recently purchased from a main Ford dealer.

Since i purchased the car, the AM radio reception has been absolutely awful, unusable at times. It's constant interference and buzzing and a clicking that happens every second.

It's very poor when the engine is off, but ridiculously poor when the engine has been started.

I've taken it back to Ford twice. The first time they changed the radio unit, but it made no difference, the second time they cleaned the earth and other connections and it has made no difference.

They say they cannot do anything else, and insist they have compared it to similar models and they all have the same reception.

Now, if it wasn't meant to be listened to, it wouldn't be on the radio, and i have never heard reception this poor on any car.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any insight as to what might be causing this problem?

Cheers

I have a 59 plate focus. Fm is bad at times.

Am is absolutely shocking. Can't listen to it really.

Same problem as you.

Same AM problem here, however i just listen to talkSPORT on AM so i just fire up TuneIn Radio player on the phone and connect it to the AUX and hey presto. Crystal clear talkSPORT.

I have never listened on any radio, or any car to AM as its just abismall to say the least, I think its the quality of the AM signal as o

Same AM problem here, however i just listen to talkSPORT on AM so i just fire up TuneIn Radio player on the phone and connect it to the AUX and hey presto. Crystal clear talkSPORT.

When not in a 3G area or keep driving in and out of coverage spots it must drop out surly?

When not in a 3G area or keep driving in and out of coverage spots it must drop out surly?

Never had it happen so far. Signal is fine in and around Peterborough. But obviously yes, it would cut out if the signal was lost.

get yourself a DAB unit!

mine was poor so got a Ford sony DAB unit and aerial and its so much better.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club