Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1100Rpm Shake

ben1191

When i press the accelerator in neutral and raise it to 1100 rpm (just between 1000 and the first white line)it shakes quite a bit and when let off theres a rattle,it doesnt shake though at anything above that.Any ideas?

mine does that too slightly, but id get the engine/gearbox mounts checked

+1 on the mounts, definitely worth a check!

Done a bit more research,apparently its a characteristic of the engine?

Cant say I have heard of it as a characteristic? I previously had a 1.6 TDCI Focus Zetec Climate (05) and I cant say I ever saw that, but again it is a different engine...

My old Focus was at 68k when I chopped it in, and the CMAX is at 53k at the moment, but neither had displayed similar behaviour...

113k,if you just rev it normally youd never know.you dont feel anything unless you purposefully sit at idle and rev it a tiny bit.

Hello everybody iv just bought a 2008 Focus 1.8 TDCI and i just noticed the 1200 rpm shake in my car on in neutral and when at idle, like some off you i have looked online for information and some forums say its a characteristic of the 1.8 tdci lump with it being an imbalance of the injectors some say its the DMF and some say the mounts ???? Doesnt affect the driving or performance just find it strange they can make an engine like that which just shakes at such a small RPM range. I have my 3 months warranty is it worth a visit to the garage (50 miles) each way ?

Hello everybody iv just bought a 2008 Focus 1.8 TDCI and i just noticed the 1200 rpm shake in my car on in neutral and when at idle, like some off you i have looked online for information and some forums say its a characteristic of the 1.8 tdci lump with it being an imbalance of the injectors some say its the DMF and some say the mounts ???? Doesnt affect the driving or performance just find it strange they can make an engine like that which just shakes at such a small RPM range. I have my 3 months warranty is it worth a visit to the garage (50 miles) each way ?

100 miles cost like like £10,ofc its worth it.

i agree but have the feeling if other people have the shake they will just say nothing we can do !! and multiple trips may soon add up

no dealership should ever be able to say "nothing we can do" for replacement parts, the only time they can say that is if you refuse to pay them and they have replaced pretty much the entire car!

Maybe give the garage a call now, describe and advise that you need to make the trip but its long, and dont really want to turn up to find out that there is nothing that they can do. Any reputable venue will tell you if its worth the trip or not!

"no dealership should ever be able to say "nothing we can do" for
replacement parts, the only time they can say that is if you refuse to
pay them"

Why do i need to pay them as iv got a warranty dont really know how they work and what i do know is that they do what they can to lower there costs ?

If you have a warranty, then you should definitely use it. I would also provide a letter to them detailing the exact nature of the error, the date you purchased and took the vehicle. The date that the problem started.

That way, no one can contest that the error occurred outside of warranty.

Thanks very much for the advice im currently away athe moment so i will do this when i get home on tuesday, only payed the deposit thursday and picked the vehicle up on the saturday so there should be no problem with time limits is it ok for me to drive the car to the garage if i have that engine problem could he use that against me as in "you shouldnt drive it as youve caused further damage" also the rear exhaust heat shield has a bolt that has rusted off so everytime i close the boot it vibrates and the AM frequency on radio doesnt work so no radio 5 live i take it these can also be put forward for repair at no cost ?

I dont see why you couldnt get them to look at it, however, unless you have an engine management light appear, they cant argue that you driving the car makes it worse, but even then, the car is under warranty, its faulty, and within a week of buying it the problem is clearly there, so they still need to fix it regardless of driving it there or not.

Cheers it will be around 2-3 weeks by the time i get the car there because of work and holidays but i am yet to tell the garage as iv tryed emailing them so i have some prove of conversation and no reply so ill give them a ring when i get home i expect them to fix all my problems as i have a 3 month warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing your success here James!

Hello the rpm shake is normal in these engines as iv tested my fathers and friends and it all happens at the same RPM and iv taken the exhaust heat shield off as if I got it secured down again it would only rust again. All iv got to sort out is the AM radio problem which is a common fault all in all happy !!

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently tested and found mine to 'shake' around 850 - 1100 revs. I hate to say it, but maybe it is a characteristic!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club