Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help needed badly

bluepete

Hi everyone.

I have got a focus estate tdci, my oil cooler has broke which i have had replaced at a cost off £325.65.

However my oil still has water in it and my coolent still has oil in it.

Without costing me anymore money (which i haven't got ) how can i sovle this??

I have been told off a work mate that i could drain the oil and the radiator and flush them out,is this true and if so how??

Your help and advise would be a massive help.

Cheers.

Pete

Sump plug out to drain the oil - catch it in a container. oil sits on top of water so any water in there should find its way out before all the oil has.

Bottom hose off to drain the coolant, then loosen the expansion tank cap otherwise not much will come out. The location of the bottom hose is self explanatory - its a hose at the bottom of the radiator.

You should flush the system through with a radiator flushing kit as simply flushing with water/hosepipe probably isn't going to shift all of the oil.

Sump plug out to drain the oil - catch it in a container. Oil sits on top of water so any water in there should find its way out before all the oil has.

Bottom hose off to drain the coolant, then loosen the expansion tank cap otherwise not much will come out. The location of the bottom hose is self explanatory - its a hose at the bottom of the radiator.

You should flush the system through with a radiator flushing kit as simply flushing with water/hosepipe probably isn't going to shift all of the oil.

Thanks for that advice.

Can i just ask will this have damaged my Engine??

Cheers.

Nah, shouldn't think so. But it won't fix itself and might cause damage if its left long term. Everything needs draining off and flushing through, really.

Its going to cost you money for replacement oil, you'll also have to replace the filter, and more coolant. Plus the cost of some radiator flush. If you do it all yourself, probly £30 or so, two or three times as much if a garage does it.

To be honest, I'm surprised the garage that repaired the original fault didn't do all this for you. They must've known the oil and coolant was contaminated??

use bio washing liquid with the engine running to flush to coolant system mate. takes ages and unless youve had the hoses replaced will keep making your coolant black.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club