Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

rnem_uk

Mk3 Setting Cruise Display To Kmph - Possible?

5 posts in this topic

I got back from a holiday in France recently and had some grief trying to get the cruise control to display in kmph.

If I set the units to l/km, I get the odometer in km, but the cruise still displays in m.p.h. which seems pretty daft.

It's it just me?

The km/h reading is on the speedo though isn't it?

And you have to reach the desired speed before you set it anyway?

I get what you are asking but I imagine as the UK model is in an mph country the dash and systems default to MPH....

You could switch the mode of all displays in the trip computer, and reset the average speed counter on the digital display then when you see the number you want, stick the cruise control on?

lol... that might work.. If I went from 0 to my desired speed in 0.01 seconds...

to make my initial post clearer, I'm talking about the display between the rev counter and speedo. When you engage cruise, you get a popup that says "Set MPH" (or something close to that)... then when you set the speed, it displays on the top line as XX mph. If the rest of the display is in KM, it still displays MPH. imho, if you've set the display to metric, then the cruise display speed should be metric too.

I call my dealer. Maybe they can find out.

hmmm weird, it could be that you need to use ELM Config to get this set, not sure even the dealer will know how to pull this one!