Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help. Just Noticed Misaligned Panels On My Fiesta

gazzell

Hi everyone just after some advise as what to do,

I have had my 2011 Fiesta Titanium for a month now. I bought it from a main dealer.

I thought i would give it a good clean tonight and noticed the front nearside wing was not perfectly aligned. Not that noticeable at first but now i really notice it once i had seen it.

Now i look at the doors on the same side and they are not aligned. The Front passenger door sits slightly out at the bottom and the gap between the front passenger door and the rear door start quite wide at the bottom and they almost meet at the top!

I can't believe i only just noticed this. :angry:

Just really wondering where i stand .The HPI check came back as clear.

My first port of call would be to take it back to the dealer and see what they think.

My first port of call would be to take it back to the dealer and see what they think.

Id do the same see what they say as they should have told you thats if they knew

Thanks

Yeh im going to pop in tomorrow and see what they say. Prob get fobbed off.

Not a happy bunny. Usually quite savvy over things like this.

Ford quality used car and all that.

Someone might have used patent parts after a crash maybe see what your dealer says that's worst case scenario

Was it a Ford direct one, or just off the forecourt?

Direct off the forecourt at an approved ford dealer.

Usually i check the car over and check these things but i didn't on this one. Only had the car 5 weeks. I feel a right numpty.

Thought i was getting a quality motor. Dealer seemed really nice and helpful. Car looked lovely the sun was out etc.

Oh well here we go...... try and keep my temper when i pop in tomorrow lol .

I wouldnt automatically assume its been involved in an accident. The panel gaps on my Z4 were pretty awful out of the factory! I could fit my little finger in the gap between the wing and bonnet on one side while the gap on the other side was less than half that. Im sure the alignment of most panels can be adjusted.

• Like 1

You have the advantage of the original warranty still covering the car but I can if needed give my views on your statutory rights but lets see how they respond first. The only snag with a sale of goods argument is that you saw the car prior to buying and was happy with it (unless you placed a deposit to secure it prior to seeing it.)

Keep me posted

• Like 1

I wouldnt automatically assume its been involved in an accident. The panel gaps on my Z4 were pretty awful out of the factory! I could fit my little finger in the gap between the wing and bonnet on one side while the gap on the other side was less than half that. Im sure the alignment of most panels can be adjusted.

Thanks Dave

Reassuring words. :)

I know what you mean as the paint looks original.

Do you think that they would realign the panels under warranty?

You have the advantage of the original warranty still covering the car but I can if needed give my views on your statutory rights but lets see how they respond first. The only snag with a sale of goods argument is that you saw the car prior to buying and was happy with it (unless you placed a deposit to secure it prior to seeing it.)

Keep me posted

Yeh i think it can get sticky in theses situations. But i will argue my case with the dealership. Just worried what hidden damage might be lurking.

If you could get past the 'examination ought to reveal' barrier, you could blow them out of the water in the small claims court. Cheap and you represent yourself but they have to pay lawyers which would cost them far more than to cave in a repair or replace FOC.

• Like 1

If you could get past the 'examination ought to reveal' barrier, you could blow them out of the water in the small claims court. Cheap and you represent yourself but they have to pay lawyers which would cost them far more than to cave in a repair or replace FOC.

Thanks. I will see what they say tomorrow. I hate situations like this. You would thought that the comprehensive health checks etc would have uncovered this.

Well,

I have been in touch with the dealers. They sent me off to their bodyshop for one off their techs to take a look at my car.

He has confirmed that there is misalignment of the front n/s wing and both doors.

He had a good look round a thinks the car has not had an accident?!!!. :wacko:

I have informed the dealer that i am not happy and what are they going to do about it.

Have to wait until tomorrow now as his manager is not in.

Quite a lot of cars end up with damaged panels and such in transit and are then repaired without any record of the accident at all. This ends up sometimes having the odd crappy repair.

• 3 weeks later...

Well just a quick update. Dealership booked my car into their bodyshop today for 5hrs realigning work. Just picked up my car tonight and everything looks good. They even valeted the car and done a complete health check. I will give it a better look over tomorrow.

So far a happy bunny :) .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club