Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Race Red Mk7.5 Zetec S Ecoboost

rocky1722

Picked up my new Mk7.5 Zetec S 1.0 EcoBoost in Race Red on Sunday.

Asked the dealer to not do anything to it apart from PDI it as I was going to detail the paintwork myself. Many thanks to Scott @ Arnold Clark for ensuring it wasn't touched. biggrin.gif

I've spent the last couple of days detailing it and she's in tip top condition. There wasn't too much in the way of contamination on the paintwork.

First thing I changed was the footwell and interior lights to blue LED's.

DSC07711_zps3826dede.jpg

Then debadged the rear.

Before :-

DSC07713a_zpsebfc8f02.jpg

After :-

DSC07716a_zps60d80335.jpg

Then after 2 days of cleaning it's looking like this

DSC07720a_zps0f0affcc.jpg

DSC07723_zps67da77f4.jpg

DSC07727a_zps8d6ee6f3.jpg

DSC07731a_zps99756e59.jpg

Got some subtle mods planned for it.

Firstly to lower it on -35mm H&R springs same as my last Zetec S but I want to fit a set of Kaylan mudflaps at the same time. Patiently waiting for Performance Creations to develop these.

Hope you like and hopefully post more pics of some more mods soon.

• Like 1

Very very nice.....but mud flaps will spoil the nice clean lines.

I quite like them, and the main thing is to try and help prevent stone chips.

We've also got a Mondeo which has no mudflaps on it and the underside edge of the sideskirts are a bit peppered with stone chips.

Oh hey Ecobeast brother :) this is mine:

Hello bro, looking good. B)

Hi rocky

Great pics I love the the footwell interior lights,

Any chance you can change mine

• Like 1

Hi Rocky,

Nice looking car you have there. I remember the mods you did to your white zs so I cant wait to see what you have planned for this one. We were actually parked next to one another at crail a couple of years ago and had a chat about your exhaust.

Was the wiring already in place for the footwell lights?

• Like 1

Hi rocky

Great pics I love the the footwell interior lights,

Any chance you can change mine

Steve it's easy peasy.

Here's a link to the bulbs, they're from Hong Kong but very cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200957342573#ht_1033wt_1170

or in red

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190893874529#ht_1070wt_1170

Both colours look great in the Fiesta as I tried the red ones I have in my wifes Mondeo in.

Blue to match the blue dials or red to go with the cupholder lighting.

Pull out the old bulbs and pop in the new ones, job done.

If you still don't fancy doing it yourself, feel free to give me a shout.

Hi Rocky,

Nice looking car you have there. I remember the mods you did to your white zs so I cant wait to see what you have planned for this one. We were actually parked next to one another at crail a couple of years ago and had a chat about your exhaust.

Was the wiring already in place for the footwell lights?

Oh yes I do remember your forum name from when we were at Crail.

The wiring and standard bulbs are already in place as standard along with the red lighting around the cupholder which is a great improvement over the old Mk7.

• Like 1

Oh yes I do remember your forum name from when we were at Crail.

The wiring and standard bulbs are already in place as standard along with the red lighting around the cupholder which is a great improvement over the old Mk7.

I'll be changing the footwell lights when I get my car then. Nice and simple.

I would consider adding the ambient lighting at the glovebox too but I've not really looked into how plug and play this really is. Eg. Is the wiring already there and would the option have to be 'switched on' by a dealer. Im sure the information will be on here somewhere but I havent looked yet.

And more recently... p.s. there's supposedly 3 weeks worth of dirt on here and also this has been cross processedhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1175008_512509778824774_2066710752_n.jpg

The black roof looks great. Do I also see some painted calipers there?

I'll be changing the footwell lights when I get my car then. Nice and simple.

I would consider adding the ambient lighting at the glovebox too but I've not really looked into how plug and play this really is. Eg. Is the wiring already there and would the option have to be 'switched on' by a dealer. Im sure the information will be on here somewhere but I havent looked yet.

Much the same with me. Would like to do it but haven't really researched it yet.

Regarding the ambient lighting, it seems just a plug and play simple mod :) I keep meaning to get round to doing it too, here's the guide.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/11992-the-ambient-lighting-installation-guide/page-4

• Like 1

Regarding the ambient lighting, it seems just a plug and play simple mod :) I keep meaning to get round to doing it too, here's the guide.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/11992-the-ambient-lighting-installation-guide/page-4

Thanks for the link, Nathan. I'll have a read through it tomorrow.

No worries, I've got my led strip and gonna hopefully get it fitted at weekend.

The guide is good, but doesn't mention the ambient lighting plug is tucked away behind the dash in the top left hand corner (as you look at the dash from the seat). Also if using the original ford LED strip, you feed the end through the hole on the left of the recess under the glovebox where the LED then clips in.You have to then be quite nimble & attach the plug to the end of the LED that you put through the hole. It has to be twisted on similar to how you fit a car bulb (nightmare to take back off).

The guide is good, but doesn't mention the ambient lighting plug is tucked away behind the dash in the top left hand corner (as you look at the dash from the seat). Also if using the original ford LED strip, you feed the end through the hole on the left of the recess under the glovebox where the LED then clips in.You have to then be quite nimble & attach the plug to the end of the LED that you put through the hole. It has to be twisted on similar to how you fit a car bulb (nightmare to take back off).

Thanks for the extra info Gary. You should probably add this to the Ambient Lighting thread to keep all of the info together. :)

The black roof looks great. Do I also see some painted calipers there?

Yep painted red, i'll have a very special goodie this weekend for all ecoboost owners to envy over :D

Love the footwell lights . Think ill be ordering them for my lovely race red ecoboost like yours

just ordered some blue lights from the link earlier posted in the forum , i shall post pics up once they arrive and fitted cant wait :D looks minted in the pics

Yeah I was going to buy some but didn't know if he used more than 1 set

How many of the bulbs did you buy for the footwells

Sorry guys for the late reply, been away the last couple of days. I just bought one set of bulbs for the footwells (you get x2 bulbs in a set).

Can you change the lighting around the drinks holders for blue too or is it a pain to get at them??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club