Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Cree Torch

jeebowhite

As I know the Cree bulbs are excellent, I recently busted my £10 LED torch from Tesco's. Perfect excuse to go shopping. So I looked into the idea of a Cree Torch, and I am glad I did!

Just had this delivered:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300913700589?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Blinded myself several times with it so far, it is extremely powerful, and only needs 3xAAA batteries, and it only cost just over £8!

I would suggest it is an excellent piece of kit for the car. Small batteries, and the LED chip means that it should hold its charge, and use it slowly, but with an excellent output, and its a light waterproof (within reason) design, and so even if it gets a little wet, it wont fall over.

If anyone wants any photo's of its operation in the dark, I will have to see what I can sort out for you!

• Like 2

I concur i have 2 one in the glove box [ her indoors sometimes works at night as a carer and she loves the light it gives off ] and one in the tool bag these are awesome torches get one or even 2 now as we all know the nights are drawing in

• Like 2

I carry a Cree torch on my work vest and it's a cracking bit of kit.

Mine came with two rechargable batteries, car charger, home charger and an adaptor to use AAA if necessary.

Similar to this one-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-1800Lm-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Zoomable-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-18650-AC-Car-CH-/370877952839?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item565a0c7347

• Like 1

I looked at that one, but when I saw that it could be run on AAA and I could pick it up cheaper, I cheated and went short arms - deep pockets!

• 1 month later...

I've purchased the same torch Clive linked, and as said its a cracking piece of kit

2 rechargeable batteries, adaptor to run on 3 AAA's, mains and car chargers

3 brightness settings, strobe n SOS

I'm currently in wales with her indoors n it is great for walking on the beach at night, properly lights the whole thing up n its great for blinding nosy residents hanging over theyre balconies with binoculars watching you on the beach.

Caught an old biddy right in the act last night when i shined the cree up at her, immediately dropped her binoculars n ran inside

maybe they were doggers ;)

They are good bits of kit, I dont think there would be much difference in the one I bought over the one Clive linked, they are handy and I am glad I have one! clean white light when your looking at things in corners or cupboards - just what the optician ordered?

As I know the Cree bulbs are excellent, I recently busted my £10 LED torch from Tesco's. Perfect excuse to go shopping. So I looked into the idea of a Cree Torch, and I am glad I did!

Just had this delivered:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300913700589?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Blinded myself several times with it so far, it is extremely powerful, and only needs 3xAAA batteries, and it only cost just over £8!

I would suggest it is an excellent piece of kit for the car. Small batteries, and the LED chip means that it should hold its charge, and use it slowly, but with an excellent output, and its a light waterproof (within reason) design, and so even if it gets a little wet, it wont fall over.

If anyone wants any photo's of its operation in the dark, I will have to see what I can sort out for you!

How are you finding the battery life running on the AAA's?

immense, I havent charged nor changed the batteries since I bought it, I used it a lot whilst we were on holiday and still use it now (fairly more recently).

I recon, if I was to use it for an hour or two a day, I could probably get a month solid out of it before charging the batteries.... - Perhaps this calls for a test!

Its worth it and how many torches do you get running on less than a C type that offers good light output, let alone lifespan :)

wow looks impressive, just a quick question does the adjuster adjust the size of the beam or does it adjust the brightness?

On mine you have a sliding collar that focuses the beam and also 3 different brightness settings on the button.

same here works a treat

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

I got one on amazon a few months ago for about £3.00. Takes one AA battery. With a smidge of red insulation tape across the back of the lense, it's perfect for using on the Bridge at night!! And for the price, I really don't care if I lose it!! (It's also less cumbersome than Pusser's right angled torches than take 2 D cells)

EDIT: here's a link to the one I bought: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZGEMFM/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bit with the LED in it can sometimes unscrew slightly, and it is awkward to re-tighten it (due to the collar). My plan is to dab a bit of thread-lock onto it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am currently doing a test, I am using 3x 1350mah AAA battieries. Fully charged this morning and tested it this afternoon. I basically sat it on my desk switched on at full power, and left it.

So this is the brightness at the start.

IMAG0269_zps87bd47a8.jpg

This is after one hour:

IMAG0270_zpsd8681d42.jpg

Two hours:

IMAG0271_zps62426c0f.jpg

Three Hours:

IMAG0272_zps2812c4f6.jpg

After three hours the light is very poor so would barely be of use. I would say that for the first half hour of use after charge you get a superb light, after an hour your getting about 80% two hours about 60% three hours, about 35% and heading to 4hours you will be getting about 10%

Given that these are AAA batteries, its still giving an excellent output. I am sure that if I bought the 18650 battery it would probably get more out of it! even better still if I could use both combinations!

• Like 1

I actually just bought a CREE LED torch/bike light for my bike. I'm cycling to/from work at the moment going through some dark areas under the cover of trees where I literally can't see the floor so I thought the extra light would be useful. Trying it out for the first time on the ride home tonight so I'm looking forward to it. The light output looks epic and it's only 7w I think!

Cree is the future!

I'd advise using lithium batteries, alkaline are garbage in comparison.

This thread served as a timely reminder, as my el cheapo LED torch seems to have gone half kaput - it's so dim that its not really worth using.

I just bought the torch that Clive linked, looks pretty decent. Should be useful when walking to the car in pitch dark from work on some evenings.

And hopefully my last non-essential purchase for the month, otherwise I will soon be bankrupt!! :lol:

EDIT: That also means no chrome custom heater knobs for the Focus... :(

I know that feeling Steve, I want my knobs, but unfortunately like you, I am close enough to bankrupt!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club