Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Freya-ex

Parrot CK3100 incar phone for Ranger

3 posts in this topic

I’m thinking of purchasing a Parrot CK3100 phone system for my 07 Ford Ranger but do not know if I require a separate wire harness to link it to the audio. Does anyone have this system or can anyone advise me on whether I need this extra harness or if the harnesses that come with the standard kit is all I need. I would hate to get this unit only to find that I need more bits to finish the job.

Thanks in advance

Freya

:rolleyes:

Hi Freya, I have a 57 Plate Double Cab Thunder and have just bought and installed a CK3100. You will need to purchase an SOT lead which enables the Parrot to be simply plugged into the wiring harness at the rear of the car stereo. The SOT leads are around £20.

Installing it isnt a simple project. If i hadnt been shown how to remove the radio/stereo fascia panel i would never have done it.

You have to remove the three heater control knobs by pulling them forwards and behind the two outer knobs are two screws which need to be removed.

The fascia then pulls off from the bottom just above the sliding heater control. Be carefull as its easily broken!

The Parrot then connects to the wiring which you un plug from the rear of the radio.

If you need any more help just ask!

Thanks

Mark :rolleyes: