Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Help What To Do?

9dal39

Hey guys new here so going to try not and babble to much, so here goes im turning 20 on the 20th of this month, i passed my driving test last august yeah i know left it a little late but money reasons and job/education finally secure enough to sort it all out, what i wanted from you very knowledgeable bunch of people is some advice tonight im going to look at finance options on the ford fiesta zetec s 1.6 petrol model wondering peoples opinions firstly on them, then on the differences between them and the 1.0T ecoboost new models, and what you guys think about the zetec s models ive looked at many cars and after seeing 'iNaths' i fell in love with the damn thing! heres a link at one ive been looking at from a nearby dealer below, im going to shop around for different finance options and see which i like best, things i want for definite are pretty adamant on white colour, privacy glass, bluetooth, aux, usb all main priorities, everything afterwards is a bonus the link below i was wondering if this 2010 model would have bluetooth? if not can it be added afterwards? i aint to keen on black but ill post the link to the 2012 black model i found too that seems pretty decent any opinions welcome guys remember im a 'noob' in the car world so cut me some slack never owned changed or modded a car before in my life but this will be my first path of learning :) cheers!

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/vehiclesearch/used/ford-used-car-ye60ybt.html

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/vehiclesearch/used/ford-used-car-yy12ffx.html

any help and advice guidance much appreciated guys, also got a quote on the black one from compare the market and with insurance (admiral) without a box is £1400 for 250 voluntary excess and 250 required, and 1700 with 0 voluntary and 250 required.

not sure if this is good or what? remember i have no claims and thats paying it off in the full year which i dont mind doing, and wondering if you ring the company direct you get maybe more money off? let me know as soon as guys cheers!

• Like 1

The black one has the bigger center screen, I think it will have bluetooth included. I think all models from late 2012 have bluetooth (AUX and USB) and the bigger screen (and all 6 Speakers, instead of some only having 4). The 1.0L will be better but you wont be able to get a new Zetec S anywhere near these prices, and the money saved on petrol wont be anywhere near the price difference between the prices of the old and new Zetec S.

I personally prefer the first model and not the new face-lift model both standard and Zetec S. The interior is slightly nicer in the new models but still pretty much exactly the same, and it is a very nice interior to begin with.

bluetooth is a must so I would defiantly make sure whatever you get has Bluetooth, it is by far the best in car Bluetooth system I have ever used, beats BMW's Bluetooth system. So easy, instant connect and starts playing your music wherever you left off, even on Spotify or any other music playing app on android and iphones. All contacts are transferred instantly to the cars unit, you can voice dial from the car, it rings through the cars Speakers and shows whos calling on the screen, the microphone is very good and so is the call quality altogether, everyone is impressed when they know I'm driving my car and it sounds just like I am on the phone. You will be very impressed by the Fiesta as a whole package!!

JUST GET ONE! That insurance price is quite good as well seen as you have no years driving or no claims discount yet. £120 a month for one year, then it should drop down to around £60-80 a month when you are 21 and have 1 years no claims discount. we all have to do it, so just bite the bullet for one or two years and it goes down loads, I'm 20 and pay £50 a month now for my Fiesta, compared to when I was 18 with a new Ford KA I was paying £160 a month.

Try AVIVA car insurance, they dont show up on comparison sites and are usually cheaper by quite a lot.

Good Luck.

cheers mate really appreciate the advice and reply! good bit of information too think im going to ask about a white 2012 model, my only problem with the ones they have in are the alloys, i hate the other zetec s alloys i love this criss cross ones for want of a better way of describing them, but hate the 5 star type ones ha :) ahh good to hear nice things about the bluetooth! and ahh so that 2012 black one has the 6 Speakers lot of my friends have old shape corsa and the new shaped corsa so not fussed either way on interior sure the fiesta will kick their !Removed! to be fair :)

I have the 1.0 ecoboost best car ever :) but my sure what your insurance would be mine us 500 with 3 years no claims but as far as cars go it's the best in its range engine wise

I have the 1.0 ecoboost best car ever :) but my sure what your insurance would be mine us 500 with 3 years no claims but as far as cars go it's the best in its range engine wise

sure insurance would be cheaper have you drove the 1.6 zetec s so can compare fairly or? not preferenced to which ide prefer just yet but would like to know speed wise difference any stuff like that really, something to maybe justify the £3000 difference or even more ide have to pay for the ecoboost ha

Not drive the 1.6 but The 1.0 ecoboost is quicker the only other fiesta that's quicker in its range is the st

hmmm decision dunno which i want now just with the 1.6 being a little better price wise gonna check the insurance on the 1.0 ecoboost think theres also a 1.25 ecoboost but ill check them over, all depends which i find at the right price with a dealer on finance to be fair, but cheers as someone mentioned above are the 6 Speakers in all cars in 2012 or after on the zetec s models? would definitely prefer the 6 to 4, and ive heard the ecboost models interior is really nice inside!

Well a lot of people end up taking there interior plastics out and spraying them I think but on the new zetec s it's all black gloss anyway and as far as power goes dont just look at bhp look at the 0-60 5 bhp could mean the world of difference I'm going to get my ecoboost remapped and will have 152 bhp then going to put a new exhaust so hoping to scrape a 160 bhp plus you can show off when your mates ask u what size engine you got then you say 1.0 litre then smoke um ;)

ive looked at many cars and after seeing 'iNaths' i fell in love with the damn thing!

Aww thanks :)

1.0 Vs 1.6 - 1.0 is better I feel (the 125 version) but as you're looking at used cars you don't have that option as it was only introduced late last year.

It will have bluetooth if the pic shows a bigger radio screen & 12 buttons on stereos number pad. If it only has 1-6 it does not have bluetooth.

As for USB you'd have to check the advert description, or look down by the gear stick to see if the port is there.

So nath has that white one bluetooth im on my way to football so cant check, think ill be able haggle the dealers price down a little? And if not how much would it cost to add bluetooth functionality? Or would it just be easier finding a model with it, plus i noticed you added cruise control and the aluminium footrest to your old one how much those set you back? And are the stock Speakers decent on the zetec s model or maybe worth changing the Speakers and maybe add a sub? Sorry for all the questions guys will be uploading pics of this part by part when i do hunt one down!

So nath has that white one bluetooth

No it does not have bluetooth

think ill be able haggle the dealers price down a little?

Of course!

how much would it cost to add bluetooth functionality?

A lot, £200-300 + programming.

Or would it just be easier finding a model with it

Big time!

plus i noticed you added cruise control and the aluminium footrest to your old one how much those set you back?

£30 from eBay for footrest(I got lucky) and the cruise control steering wheel was about £50, but then I had to activate it which AFAIK I'm the only person that can do it.

And are the stock speakers decent on the zetec s model or maybe worth changing the speakers and maybe add a sub?

Decent enough. The Sony stereo is an improvement if you find one with it :)

No it does not have Bluetooth

Of course!

A lot, £200-300 + programming.

Big time!

£30 from eBay for footrest(I got lucky) and the cruise control steering wheel was about £50, but then I had to activate it which AFAIK I'm the only person that can do it.

Decent enough. The Sony stereo is an improvement if you find one with it :)

Nath can you put cruise control onto the new Zetec S? Or is it a 'no' because they don't offer it as standard :(

Nath can you put cruise control onto the new Zetec S? Or is it a 'no' because they don't offer it as standard :(

It's a no at the moment, but I am working to crack it ;)

It's a no at the moment, but I am working to crack it ;)

If you manage you'll have me as a customer :P