Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Recommendations?

experiax10

Got my m.o.t coming up in 2 weeks and want to change the tyres before this date. Had it serviced 6 months back and was told 3 tyres will need changing. Is it ok to change just the 3 or would I be better changing the 4? My tyre size is 20540 r 17. Not looking to spend massively but want a bit better than budget tyres.

Y not put the other on your spare and buy 4 new unless you already have a spare also how much tread you got left on the alright one because anything less than 3 mm I always change

Thanks for the reply mate, the newest 1 is fine, but I'm thinking of changing the 4 anyways. My spare wheel is a space saver so the tyre wouldn't fit it as its only a 14/15 inch rim.

Ok no worries ask the tyre place when you have them changed if you can have the ok one back and you might be able to sell it as part worn or keep it just in case you get a bulge in one of the new tyres

Always recommend changing in pairs (on the same axle) so yes, buy 4 :)

I fitted some Hankook tyres the same size as yours to my fiesta zetec, the difference was unbelievable great tyre and not expensive either.

cheers ian

Continental Premium Contact's are junk, they offer so little grip. Looking forward to my car park shenanigans come snow time!

I went from Good Years to Hankooks and they are worlds apart!

My Hankooks are 195/45 - 16 and they are much much quieter on the motorway than my Good Years and have oodles more grip. Great little tire, and they were mid range price wise

Thanks everyone for the replies. Think I'm going to give the Hankook tyres a go from the responses, prices looking pretty decent too. :)

Just watch which model of Hankooks you choose.

The one I had one my Fiesta were rubbish, hardly any grip. Give it a wet road and more than one degree incline and I'd be wheel spinning.

I'm loving the ConitSports on my Focus, really grippy. Haven't made them slip yet, get that lovely squeeky crunch if you do a quick pull away on them :D

I think a lot of it is down to the tread pattern of the tyre.

I had a quick squizz online for you experiax10 and the Hankooks I have are VENTUS S1 EVO K107 - they have a bit of a squiggly line of tread

Im sure if your ask the tire fitters they will know which tires are better than others for the road conditions around you and suit your needs

Hi , I have changed my original Continental fit tyres to Hankook Ventus Prime 2

My tyre size is -195/45R16.

I had a pair fitted to the front about 8,000 mls ago and still look good, had the rear pair fitted 3 weeks ago.

Really good grippers both in the dry and wet, also much quieter than the Continentals.

Paid £120 for latest pair fitted and balanced which I think is good value.

Hope that is of help.

Martin

i had a set of avon zz3's on my previous car which was an rx8 and needed good tyres and they weren't super expensive. i think most of the budget tyres that are sold should be illegal they have such poor grip levels especially in the wet and same goes for using tyres from scrap yards.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club