1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

tomtommad

Water Visible In Drivers Footwell Dribbling Down Rhs

8 posts in this topic

i have looked at other posts re incorrect pollen filter fitting etc, i have replaced mine and it seals fine, i have a steady stream in water running in on the drivers footwell it is quite visible when it has rained and its running from behind kick panel then soaking the carpet front and back, the washer hoses have been checked rear wash also checked all washer hose connectors are fine , any suggestions on where this mystery dribble could be coming from

tearing hair out

muchly appreciate any advice

steve 2.0 TDCI Mondeo Ghia X 2007 MK3

Hi Steve,

Is there any water marks behind the scuttle panel under the bonnet? suggesting the water may have ran into the air intakes and down from there?

Check if the filter or housing are wet.

The seal may look ok but might be pinched somewhere.

also you didnt saw where in the drivers footwell you can see the water?

removed pollen filter housing and cleaned out leaves etc, then used mastik to re seat housing, cleaned the windscreen lip,

(long piece of grooved plastic the windscreen sits on), cleaned everything. waiting for some rain to see if it dribbles in, if it still does i will post a pic of where it dribbles inco footwell

many thanks people, fingers crossed

steve

i dont think it'll be ur filter takin water in,but hope so for you though. thinking it might be coming in thru beside pedals maybe. had a mate had water trickling down inside o door pillar etc & ended up at his feet.

Finally sorted the wet floor in drivers footwell. Before I got the car the windscreen had been replaced the fit was not perfect , along the drivers side seal of glass to car. Was letting in water. Solution was to dry out remove weather strip and use black mastic to resell windscreen. Now all ok. Hope this helps other Mondeo owners. Thanks for all advise. Steve

Glad to see you got it resolved!