Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St-2 Mpg?

kyle1

Something im going to have to get used too when i pick my baby up(Race Red St-2, with style pack and sat nav for free) tomorrow at 10.30 (can you tell im excited) is switching the lights and wipers on myself. Had fiesta titaniums before and loved not having to worry about it.

On my first tank in the zetec s 1.0 I averaged just shy of 40mpg....this was me giving it a booting too see what it was like, now on my second tank of fuel driving economically I am getting almost 50mpg!

What do you mean by booting it? How fast would you say you were going roughly? Like cruising speeds on NSL roads etc?

Like constantly on boost haha! And out toying around with the car... Not normal driving anyways haha!

• 1 month later...

Ball park figure for 6 month old zs with heated seats etc is 14k.

Ball park figure ST 2 17k

The 3k different doesn't bother me what does is running costs so the zs is what im considering however. ...

I'm reading on average people are getting 46mpg with Zetec S 1.0 123bhp

Which is poor for today's standard especially as it is labelled as a eco car id expect 50-60mpg or greater.

So knowing zs economy is not great my attention is turning more to ST.

What sort of mpg is one getting in the ST2 driving sensibly and hammering it?

I appreciate the ST will have higher insurance and has road tax but lets be logical about the tax free 1.0 you paying a high price for that engine thus effectively paying upfront for tax.

If the ST produces near enough mpg to the zs in real driving then perhaps I shall treat myself to the ST instead.

Ball park figure for 6 month old zs with heated seats etc is 14k.

Ball park figure ST 2 17k

The 3k different doesn't bother me what does is running costs so the zs is what im considering however. ...

I'm reading on average people are getting 46mpg with Zetec S 1.0 123bhp

Which is poor for today's standard especially as it is labelled as a eco car id expect 50-60mpg or greater.

So knowing zs economy is not great my attention is turning more to ST.

What sort of mpg is one getting in the ST2 driving sensibly and hammering it?

I appreciate the ST will have higher insurance and has road tax but lets be logical about the tax free 1.0 you paying a high price for that engine thus effectively paying upfront for tax.

If the ST produces near enough mpg to the zs in real driving then perhaps I shall treat myself to the ST instead.

Have you checked how much the insurance is going to cost you for the ST, at 17 years old, compared to the 1.0L 123bhp?

Have you checked how much the insurance is going to cost you for the ST, at 17 years old, compared to the 1.0L 123bhp?

Either my profile says I'm 17 or you have assumed I am, I'd like to be that 17 who could afford zs nevermind ST Haha.

I haven't looked at insurance as I am 33yo with full clean licence 15y with 15 ncb.

Either my profile says I'm 17 or you have assumed I am, I'd like to be that 17 who could afford zs nevermind ST Haha.

I haven't looked at insurance as I am 33yo with full clean licence 15y with 15 ncb.

I'm that 17y/o haha! I ordered mine in September, delivery next month! £1,200/yr. one years NCB in March too! Touch wood

Approaching the 1000 mile mark in my St2 getting around 35 mpg mostly around town, as for driving sensibly I have tried to drive sensibly but find it impossible.

yeah id expect around the 30 to 35 mpg you really can't drive this car economicaly its to much fun.

if you do drive it gently you will get around 40 mpg.

yeah id expect around the 30 to 35 mpg you really can't drive this car economicaly its to much fun.

if you do drive it gently you will get around 40 mpg.

Thanks, would you say driving the ST gently (to achieve 40ish mpg) is likely to still be quicker than hammering the 1.0 123bhp and getting roughly the same mpg?

Thanks, would you say driving the ST gently (to achieve 40ish mpg) is likely to still be quicker than hammering the 1.0 123bhp and getting roughly the same mpg?

This comparison ^ is starting to go out with the realms of common sense.

What do you mean by "gently" for a start? Gently to me would mean barely any throttle to get up to speed slowly and doing 60-65mph on motorways / national speed limit roads. "Hammering the 1.0" to my mind would be full throttle starts, hard acceleration to get up to speed and 80-90mph on motorways. In this case I have no doubt the ST would probably get BETTER fuel economy than the 1.0T. So when you ask which would be "quicker" in the stated conditions, the answer is probably the ZS. Both in terms of 0-62 and your chosen cruising speed. But it’s a totally ridiculous comparison!

Driven the same (which is the only meaningful comparison) I have no doubt the ZS would better the ST's fuel consumption by at least 10mpg.

You sound like you are trying to find arguments to justify buying an ST (or maybe trying to find justification for SWMBO???)

Be under no illusion... If you buy the ST you will not drive it 'gently' everywhere to get good mpg.

• Like 1

This comparison ^ is starting to go out with the realms of common sense.

What do you mean by "gently" for a start? Gently to me would mean barely any throttle to get up to speed slowly and doing 60-65mph on motorways / national speed limit roads. "Hammering the 1.0" to my mind would be full throttle starts, hard acceleration to get up to speed and 80-90mph on motorways. In this case I have no doubt the ST would probably get BETTER fuel economy than the 1.0T. So when you ask which would be "quicker" in the stated conditions, the answer is probably the ZS. Both in terms of 0-62 and your chosen cruising speed. But its a totally ridiculous comparison!

Driven the same (which is the only meaningful comparison) I have no doubt the ZS would better the ST's fuel consumption by at least 10mpg.

You sound like you are trying to find arguments to justify buying an ST (or maybe trying to find justification for SWMBO???)

Be under no illusion... If you buy the ST you will not drive it 'gently' everywhere to get good mpg.

ST owner would need to advise on "gently"

I agree a flawed question but I still wanted ones opinion on it :-)

When I clicked post to my first message asking for ST mpg, I had made my mind up on ZS

i said gently but i was changing gear at around 4000rpm that involves driving around town and a country drive but i got bored.

i think it all comes down to what you want from a car if you want a car for a fun weekend blast and some track days then st all day long. but if you need an A to B car with good mpg then id stick with the zs. i here all the fiesta's are pretty nice to drive anyway.

for what it is the st is very cheap to run but i am coming from a car that does less than 20 mpg on a good run with £450 a year road tax.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club