Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Sony Radio Bluetooth Problem

Davey30

Hi all. I'm new here, just picked up my 2010 1.6 titanium focus on Friday. All has been great with it so far apart from one issue with the sony stereo. I am told that its possible to stream music through from my iPhone through bluetooth but it just will not work, my phone connects fine to make and receive calls but when I try to play music the play symbol shows on my phone for a second or so then stops (although I don't hear a thing out of the stereo even for that second).

My stereo has a USB connection under the armrest and I have tried updating the firmware but it doesn't flash up that its updating so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or the stereo is already up to date. I did a clean format (fat32) of my USB stick and placed all the unzipped files to the root directory and followed the instructions that ford gives but it just doesn't seem to work. Mine has the keyless entry and push button start so I don't know if that's something to do with my problems.

My phone is a iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.3.

Has anyone else here had similar issues?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there is an issue with the stereo firmware and the ability to communicate with the iOS in later phones. I think there is a firmware update for the stereo that can resolve this.

If you have an older iPhone, or alternative smart device, you could pair that and try stream music, it probably will work.

Try removing all but the English files on the USB update , it tells you which two to keep on the destructions on the website.Then check your iPhone is running latest IOS.

It will give a message on the screen if no firmware update is required.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club