Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratched Underside Of Front Bumper/spoiler

The Dark Knight

Pulled into a parking bay today and went too far forwards. The kerb in front was higher than normal/expected and the 2 lowest points of the front bumper/spoiler on either side scraped on the concrete. I had to reverse of course and it has scratched shed loads of paint off, right down to the actual bodywork.

As this is out of sight, I am not worried about the visual aspect but will this cause other problems? In winter, all the salt and grit will get into the scratched area so could this be an issue?

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to the cost to repair?

i would say maybe if its just the spoiler you could get it painted again for £100 shop around on google you will find a really good sprayer local to you, but if its the whole bumper maybe £150 just a quick guess, but if its out of sight i dont see the problem with it, not sure about the salt/grit maybe it could cause a problem ie paint flaking im not sure tbh

I know a good paint guy that I've used before but not bothered about it if it won't cause problems because of it being out of sight. Just the issue of grit etc if anyone with more expertise than me can shed light on it

The same happened to mine and as mine is plastic it is fine although it bugs me so the plan is to get it sorted but it doesn't need to be done asap

Yeah did the same with mine going out the drive to fast but mines plastic aswell so no worries aren't they all plastic I thought they were incase you run someone over there's a bit of give

the salt/grit wont effect it as it plastic and you could try Chips Away i think its £50 a panel.

I hid a similar thing on my old car, came out of a car park and the two roads weren't level and crunched the front bumper on the ground. But as you say It's out of sight so I wasn't all that worried. I just cleaned it up and bought a touch up pen from the dealer and sorted it myself :D

Did the same thing to my car today while parking up in a town center. Reversed in to one of the spaces perpendicular to the road and as I did I heard the front grind as the front wheels dipped in to the drainage gully at the side of the road. Got out to inspect the damage; one side was fine but the other had ground down to the plastic, about 5cm long by 2cm wide.

Obviously this isn't visible unless you look underneath but will have to get it sorted at some point.

It's quite annoying though as this is a standard car, reversing into a council parking space and they were no signs or warnings to indicate the potential for the front end of a car to hit the ground - seems a bit negligent on the part of the council.

Similar problem here except its the slight ramp at my garage entrance that causes the scrape. Oddly, I didn't have the problem with my previous Mk 7 which was an 09 plate Titanium 1.6 TDCI. I have had to put a temporary plank of wood across the entrance to lift the wheels as I go in or out. My question is, does the petrol version have a lower or more extensive undershield ? Perhaps for water entry protection ? I would be interested if anyone knows. I'm not sure but I think the wheel size is the same so the ground clearance should be the same.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club