Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side Lights When Unlocking Car??

m4tth3wb

Hi all,

I own a Focus ST 2008 facelift and by standard I don't have the feature where the sidelights come on when unlocking the car via fob and vice versa!

Wondering if there is a way to fit something or change something myself in order to have this feature.

I think it's standard on the 2009 models!

Thanks

Sidelights or indicators if its indicators its Standard on 2006 models such as my zetec double flash when locked single long flash when unlocked it can be switched on with ford software that some on here use or ford can do it themself if you mean the sidelights ide beg the question why bother it serves no real purpose im sure its only an option if you have auto lights and wipers fitted the mrs dads cmax has it and it serves no use to be honest unless you live in the middle of nowhere

Do you mean puddle lights that shine from under the wing mirrors?

Easy enough to retro-fit with a bit of wiring and time.

• Like 1

I would imagine he means something similar to the fiesta and other cars, where the side lights come on when you unlock it and stay on.

I believe it also happens on the versions with the mirror puddle light. Can we somehow force the side lights to come on like the puddle ones?

• Like 1

is it on your trip computer menu?

come to think of it im not sure if i even had it on my 2008 Zetec as i used to use the 'follow me home' function a lot more on that car instead come locking...

I would imagine he means something similar to the fiesta and other cars, where the side lights come on when you unlock it and stay on.

I believe it also happens on the versions with the mirror puddle light. Can we somehow force the side lights to come on like the puddle ones?

This is what I was on about yeah!

I have bought this kit now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400439215301

Will fit it and see if it's any good I suppose lol

Anyone tried anything like this?!

I have a mk3 with this fitted and yes it puts the sidelights on when unlocking the car. But it serves no purpose at all, unless you parked in a dark field and it shows where the car is!

If you pull the main beam when you switch off it stays in for 30sevonds after you lock the car to guide you home

Wow, just been and checked. It works. I read the manual, well obviously thought i read the manual. Thanks and sorry for hijacking your thread

I have a 2008 titanium with auto lamps and wipers.

I use the follow me home feature where you pull back stalk and lights remain.

Is it possible to turn on the side lights from pressing unlock on the fob?

If you were to run a feed (and possibly relay) from the courtesy light circuit to the sidelight wiring then yes.

A bit of ingenuity and head scratching would be needed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club