Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Zetec S Service Intervals - Warranty Buggered?

Andy007

Hi there,

I think I may have buggered my three year warranty....

Bought the car in April, it had 8k miles on her. Since then I've taken the car to about 15k. I've had no problems with the car, runs like a treat but I was going through my paper work the other night in preparation for a service has got me worried about the warranty.

Reading the first service interval is 12500 miles. Do you reckon I'm buggered? If so is there anyway around this? Realistically I'm only 3k miles over it but I guess Ford don't care.

I plan to get it serviced in a Ford garage but if there's no budging them a local garage.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

First service is 12k or 1yr normally. When was the car first registered?

I believe you normally only get a 1k and 1month leeway. That said you should not (in theory) loose warranty on any parts which don't get checked as part of that first service.

• Like 1

Just ring the dealer and ask about it. Can't imagine how they could not honour your warranty for going slightly over the recommended interval.

Not dissimilar though from what happens when you have mods. They won't honour warranty on exhaust if you have a modded exhaust obviously but it doesn't void it entirely. So if you had a fault with an electric window, they couldn't play the modded exhaust card.

• Like 1

First service is 12k or 1yr normally. When was the car first registered?

I believe you normally only get a 1k and 1month leeway. That said you should not (in theory) loose warranty on any parts which don't get checked as part of that first service.

It was registered in April 2012, so was a year old when I bought it at 8k miles. Now got 15k on it.

Seriously wished I'd checked this sooner.

It was registered in April 2012, so was a year old when I bought it at 8k miles. Now got 15k on it.

Seriously wished I'd checked this sooner.

Are you sure it hasn't already had its first service if that's the case?

• Like 1

Where did you get the car from , was it a dealer and are you sure there are no stamps in the book?

• Like 1

Are you sure it hasn't already had its first service if that's the case?

Actually yeah! THank f**k.... she was serviced on 20/4/13 at 8808 miles. Does that I mean I go onto the second service interval?

Actually yeah! THank f**k.... she was serviced on 20/4/13 at 8808 miles. Does that I mean I go onto the second service interval?

Yep not due now until 25k or April 2014. (Whichever comes first)

:)

• Like 1

Where did you get the car from , was it a dealer and are you sure there are no stamps in the book?

Motorpoint. Yeah just checked there, the dealership serviced it at 8808 miles

Yep not due now until 25k or April 2014.

Phew, seriously was getting worried there!!

If i get the car serviced tomorrow at 15k do I more onto the third service interval?

Phew, seriously was getting worried there!!

If i get the car serviced tomorrow at 15k do I more onto the third service interval?

Yes and No, Ford will expect it to be done at 27.5k or Sept 2014, whichever comes first.

Basically you can't leave more than 12 months or 12.5k between services.

Even then it becomes complicated as certain parts may not be changed at the correct time - you are better off sticking to the normal schedule if you can.

Yep not due now until 25k or April 2014. (Whichever comes first)

Correction: 21.3k (12.5k since 8.8k) or April 2014 ;)

Correction: 21.3k (12.5k since 8.8k) or April 2014 ;)

True, although depends how it is worded in service book.

if it says every 12.5k or at 12.5k, 25k, etc.

But that would also mean I contradicted myself as in one sentence I say due next at 25k, followed by no more than 12.5k between services, lol.

Morale of the story, check your service book :P