Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Paul Martin Forrest

Rough Price To Respray Bonnet

6 posts in this topic

My bonnet on my 1.8 2003 Focus is covered in scratches, was like that when i bought it a few weeks ago. I have tried tcut / scratch remover / MER polish etc but they keep coming back. Is there anything else I can do ? Or if not then roughly how much would it cost to get the bonnet resprayed at a garage ? It is Panther black.

Depending on the body shop £300-600 for a bonnett

Depending on the body shop £300-600 for a bonnett

Oh bugger - looks like I am getting more tcut scratch remover then :(

For deep scratches youll waste the money buy some turtlewax polish with the chipstick it will cover most of the scratches easily as said it depends on the shop £200 may be possible it depends on what they say to do it right a shop would remove tge bonnet sand down smooth reprime paint laquer and refit a cheap one will spray it on the car buff it up and respray a too coat and laquer modern paints too soft so it will scratch up again quite quickly

A few places local to me, £150 for a bonnet respray

if the scratches are not deep then see if you can find a detailer to machine polish them out. look on detailing world to see if someone is close by or google them. a full car is approx £400-600 so a bonnet should be less.