• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 davesy

davesy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: smax 2.5t
Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

Hi All. Can anyone advise if there is a way of temporarily converting the adaptive style headlights on my 07 S-max 2.5t with x pack. I live in the U.K and am planning atrip to mainland Europe where I may have to drive at night. I know you can get the stick on external masks but I am unsure if this will work with adaptive headlights. I did read something about a way of temporarliy changing reversing the beam but am unsure if this can be done DIY. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

on the xenon headlights there is a switch under the bulb/ light covers to swop the beam patten to europe, might be worth a look for the same on yours.

#3 sobaka

sobaka

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Ford Model: SMAX
Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

on the xenon headlights there is a switch under the bulb/ light covers to swop the beam patten to europe, might be worth a look for the same on yours.

I am sorry, there is no switch on the smax headlights. As for converters yes, they exist.
Have a look at the last post in newbie questions topic I have posted a link there.

#4 fordtech

fordtech

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

See if this worksAttached File  Smax_hlamp_conversion.htm   880.88KB   1467 downloads

Attached Thumbnails

• graphic.jpg
  • graphic_002.jpg
  • graphic_003.jpg
  • graphic_004.jpg

#5 homeless

homeless

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

See if this worksAttached File  Smax_hlamp_conversion.htm   880.88KB   1467 downloads

True this is the way to do it...make sure you do two templates though, one white, one black on each side, black will go over the white, this will prevent a heat build up on your plastic lense which will melt and distort (iam taking about the headlight actally melting here)if you just fit the black!

As you all know black absorbs the heat.....i have tried this process and it works!

#6 Gryphea

Gryphea

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: SMax 2.0 TDi Titanium

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

Can I just say a big THANKS for this.

#7 h_0481

h_0481

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: kris
  • Ford Model: s max
  • Year: 2006

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

I have a similar problem. I am moving to Germany for a while and would like to convert my 56 plate headlights. Would a set of 2010 S max Hlights fit directly onto my car??

#8 GordonF

GordonF

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Gordon
  • Ford Model: SMAX
  • Year: 2010

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

Hi - I've just come across this post and am concerned that the images shown are symmetrical. Usually I would expect the masking to be the same side on each headlamp rather than the symmetry shown here on these pictures (because you need the block the beams that dip to the left on each headlight). Does this symmetrical masking really work?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users