Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost. Zs.

DAN222

Thinking of changing my air filter on my 1.0 litre zs.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Pipercross-Induction-Kit-Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-Ti-Vct_877.jsp

Heres a link.

Anyone with a bit more knowledge and experience want to help me out.

Is it going to be worth while?

Easy to change?

I just want more sound and dont want to lose any power.

thanks.

Save your money and get a k&n replacement filter ? More than half the price of that kit. Easy as lemon squeezy to change over too and apparently makes a nicer sound.

That's what I'm going to get :)

• Like 1

Most panel replacements are placebo without a remap. The only benefit being you do not have to replace the filter (negated by having to clean it though in some ways). You will get the same response increase from a new paper filter, any extra power would need a remap as the ECU simply adjusts itself depending on the amount of air coming in.

In theory the engine may not have to work so hard (at least to start with), but you don't actually get any more power as the ECU will not allow it. I had a K&N on my Fiesta and it made no real difference, just makes you push the accelerator harder because you think about it, lol.

• Like 1

There is a new filter kit coming out this week from pumaspeed I'm waiting for tht

Most panel replacements are placebo without a remap. The only benefit being you do not have to replace the filter (negated by having to clean it though in some ways). You will get the same response increase from a new paper filter, any extra power would need a remap as the ECU simply adjusts itself depending on the amount of air coming in.

In theory the engine may not have to work so hard (at least to start with), but you don't actually get any more power as the ECU will not allow it. I had a K&N on my Fiesta and it made no real difference, just makes you push the accelerator harder because you think about it, lol.

Im not really after power, i more after a bit of sound.

I will wait for the remap to get power

I can't quite tell what that kit replaces.

Just changing the panel doesn't really make a big difference in sound.

The biggest difference in sound are the induction kits, but they often just get rid of the box and ducts which means you can get lower performance due to hot air being drawn in from the engine.

I can't quite tell what that kit replaces.

Just changing the panel doesn't really make a big difference in sound.

The biggest difference in sound are the induction kits, but they often just get rid of the box and ducts which means you can get lower performance due to hot air being drawn in from the engine.

Without sounding like a boy racer, i want a bit more sound.

The power increase i will have to wait until bluefin do one.

Think i will leave it for now and see what comes available :)

Dan, there is a slightly improved noise with the K&N filter IMO. Yours for a mere £25 as I'm selling mine for reasons stated here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47454-k-n-panel-filter-for-fiesta-ecoboost/

Bargain to keep you ticking over before a remap :-)

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump up an old thread, is there actually any difference whatsoever to induction noise with the panel filter on?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club