Do Not Sell My Personal Information

About My Stupid Car And It's Mot Today...

BigD

It passed again. \o/ For all my whinging about it, it's never failed an MOT in the two years I've had it. With this and the Focus I had before for eight years, I've only had two MOT failures in the last ten years, and they were both for the O/S parking brake not releasing fully on the Focus.

So anyway, got a couple of advisories, both front tyres worn to near-limit on inner edge. I knew they were worn down as I had the tracking done about three months ago because of it. So it wasn't really a surprise that they flagged up on the MOT.

Decided to put some Bridgestones on for a change to the bottom-of-the-barrel tyres I normally go for. Also got full wheel geometry done, and all four were a bit off. The back tyres are fine but when they're ready to change in about six months, I'll put the same tyres on there, too, so they're all the same. I'm funny like that. I also cannot drive if somebody's moved the air vents up or down - it annoys me.

So today I've spent around £280 on the car. Or rather, my flexible friend has.

Oh, and about the radiator fix (in my other thread this week) - I don't know what he bonded the port back on with, but it's holding up well, bone dry. And the stuff he used has gone rock-hard, almost like some sort of metal. Just monitoring the situation for now.

Hoping I can go at least a couple of months with no more spending on the car.

Its to hear you've had some good news after your recent tribulations. I've had two Mondy's in the past and both were very reliable apart from the normal wear and tear replacements. I liked driving them and found they were great for eating up motorway miles.

Lets hope you can keep your wallet closed for a while.

Sound like u have OCD lol(vents)

Just curious,what was the readings on ur front wheels? Camber? If they were only a tiny bit off,that shouldnt give you wearing on inside edges. You sure its not a suspension problem(tired/worn)? Hence me asking about camber. Did u goto ford? Some dealers dont give a readout(ahem)

Don't know what the readings were off the top of my head (I have the report sheet in my box of crap upstairs), but it flagged up red on the system for all four wheels.

I did think there may be a suspension problem, though nothing showed on the MOT. I've been concerned about the suspension pretty much since I got the car, as after I bought it, I found the remnants of a towbar under the bumper, which Evans Halshaw neglected to mention (and I didn't spot prior to purchase). The previous owner was somebody called "Ronald", and I'd wager he had a caravan.

I'm keeping an eye on it for now, and even though there's nothing wrong with the handling at present, I do think my next spend will be a suspension overhaul. Unless I can hold out til the new tax year and just get a new motor.

waste o time mate. ive replaced almost everything on mines apart from the engine. I have to say theyre the biggest money-pits right now,even worse than vauxhall etc. If you get a good one,then lucky you,but as its getting on,& isnt a newish car,just drive it the way it is.They just arent worth plowing loads of money into them. They depreciate quicker than a rat up a drain-pipe. Up here a 2006 mk3 tdci 90k will go for about 1500 max. The gearboxes (6 speed getrag) are rubbish,injectors are the same.

Oh well,the wonder of Ford eh.lol

waste o time mate. ive replaced almost everything on mines apart from the engine. I have to say theyre the biggest money-pits right now,even worse than vauxhall etc. If you get a good one,then lucky you,but as its getting on,& isnt a newish car,just drive it the way it is.They just arent worth plowing loads of money into them. They depreciate quicker than a rat up a drain-pipe. Up here a 2006 mk3 tdci 90k will go for about 1500 max. The gearboxes (6 speed getrag) are rubbish,injectors are the same.

Oh well,the wonder of Ford eh.lol

More Ford/ Mondeo bashing from stooge- ive had my Mondeo 8+ years now - just MOTd it - flew through (just put it in to see what it needed) with just 2 minor advisories its very fast, economical and reliable

All cars have faults - and many modern 6-speed gearboxes (from many makes) are "soft", the injectors on the mk3 Mondeo TDCI(pre 2007) were designed for the old type of (high sulphor - lubricates injectors etc) diesel, and wear out faster on modern, low- sulphor diesel the injectors were never designed for

Often - a car owner brings problems on themselves by "cutting corners" or making the wrong maintenence/ repair or modification decisions - then blames the car/ Ford for their own mistakes - i see this all the time on this, and other forums

Ive had Va...ls including a Vec..a. (that was similar age to my mk3 Mondeo) that lasted all of 2 weeks before the head gasket went - the interior seemed like it was made of recycled plastic toys and it handled like a tea trolly with a wonky wheel - i made a massive loss on it as i practically had to give it away

I had a Cor.a as a coertesy car and it was one of the worst cars ive ever driven (and iv'e driven lots )

Vax...l should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Ford - there is no comparison -

"i would rather push my Ford than drive a Vax.all"

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club