Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater Turning On All By Itself!!!

parv1

Hi All

I have got a Fiesta 2010 Titanium. It has got air conditioning but that seems to work fine when I turn it on.

I have recently started getting my heater turning on all by itself. Thought it might be me accidentally pressing something but its starting to happen regularly.

I have tried to find a solution online, but couldn't find anyone else who has come across this.

Any ideas that I could try?

Thanks

I'm sure I read something in the owners handbook about this. Not sure how it went though. But think it was something to do with temperature and automatically directing the blowers towards the screen and side windows. I'm sure mine has done this a few times,,,, its also a titanium.

I'm surprised. Its never done this in all the 3 years I've had it.

The moment its out of dealer warranty, it starts playing silly buggers with me!!

Will have a look at the manual and see if it can shed any light on it.

Anyone else have the same thing happen to them?

Had a look in the manual for the Fiesta, and there is nothing that I could see that states that the heater will turn on automatically if already off. You have to manually turn it on and then set the heat setting you require.

Anyone have any more suggestions before I take it to a dealer for repair? :-(

Hi, I think you will find that most Ford cars will automatically turn on the A/C once the outside temp falls below a certain level...

Never known any of my cars or Fords to turn A/C or heating on automatically unless you actually press something (or leave it on auto).

What actually happens, you say heater, but what is actually coming on, or happening automatically?

Also do you have climate control or just manual A/C?

If its the A/C that's coming on automatically, I think it's to do with making sure it runs regularly to stop the rubber seals in the system drying out & perishing prematurely.

Hi I have a similar Problem on my 10 plate 1.4 petrol titanium. 3 times in the last month i have got in car and the climate control has set itself to auto A/C on and full blower and 28 degree temp!!!!! Is this normal or is it a problem?? only had car since June this year.

• 9 years later...

I’ve recently bought a Ford Focus Titanium 2016 plate and am having similar issues. Driving normally down the road all of a sudden air blower turn on full and heat temperature is on 30 degrees. Not very nice in the heat. Anyone else have this issues and resolved it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club