Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oem Ford Drl's Not Working...

welshy_maverick

Both workiing fine hen ignition in second position i.e. all electrics on but as soon as I start the car the passenger side one goes out. Turn the engine off and back to second position both on fine, turn engine on passenger one goes out!! :angry: I have a 2013 Fiesta ST and these are the stock oem drl's.....any idea what's causing it or how to solve it? had the car less that a week...sooooo not impressed!!

Take the car straight back to the dealers.

Sounds like a light relay fault.

Take the car straight back to the dealers.

Sounds like a light relay fault.

Yeh, sent a text to my dealer last night explaining. Big job to sort it? Don't wanna be without my car for ages? Think i should take the fly eyes off? Will they use it as an excuse to say i did something?

Moved to Fiesta forum.

As for fly eyes it depends how finicky your dealer can be.

If you have had to remove the light cluster to fit them it might be worth taking them off until they fix the issue.

Please see my earlier report. I have an Ecoboost Titanium - the led's stopped working on n/side. A new headlamp unit was ordered to be fitted on 30/9. This seems to becoming a common problem!

Dealer going to come pick it up from my work place next week and return it the same day...hopefully fixed. Didnt mind about the fly eyes as not relevant to the DRL's and apparently they have had problems with a few ST's DRL's but normally the driver side ones. Covered under warranty so its all good, just gotta drive around with one DRL for a week like a numpty unless I can figure out which fuse does it.... :mellow:

My side light bulbs keep blowing.... Drivers side went first! Replaced both eventually, now drivers side gone again!!

@ Torchwood - I want to replace my feeble parking /side lights with some super-bright LEDs.

Questions - are Cree the best? I bought these and they were pretty useless

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0041G04S2/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_31005151_3p_M3T1_dp_1

and

how on earth do I remove the standard bulbs - the bulb holders are wobbly in the headlamp reflectors, but I can't for the life of me remove them.

and

what does de-tangoing mean?

De-tangoing is swapping orange indicator bulbs for silver ones (they still flash orange) which removes the 'fried egg' look inside your lights.

@ Torchwood - I want to replace my feeble parking /side lights with some super-bright LEDs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0041G04S2/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_31005151_3p_M3T1_dp_1

and

how on earth do I remove the standard bulbs - the bulb holders are wobbly in the headlamp reflectors, but I can't for the life of me remove them.

and

The bulb holder for the side lights simply clicks into place, if you remove the large round seal by the main beam you will see the side light bulb assembly is plastic with a 90 degree lip on the end, this you grab as best you can in the cramped area and pull out, don't pull to the side as it could snap the body!

Don't pull on the wires either as they will rip out of the holder and that's another whole headache, done a few times they come out without much fuss. De-tangoing is as Nath said, and get them on eBay as they are cheaper than Halfords or A1 motors, but how long they last is anyone's guess? I de tangoed my side lights and rear lights too, looks loads better!

Thanks Torchwood. So even though the side-light bulb holders wobble alarmingly in the headlamp reflectors, they're just a push-in? Not bayoneted? Any links to brighter LED replacement bulbs?

No worries..

Yes if you nudge them with your finger whilst in place and look at the bulb through the headlight lense, you will see them move a bit! Alarmingly... not so sure? ?If you're worried, pop a video up of them moving that much.

Yes they are 501's, capless that just pop into the holder, no bayonet nothing like that... if you googled LED 501 sidelight bulbs you will get shed loads like demon tweaks, eBay and by clicking here for example.. autobulbsdirect

Thanks Torchwood. So even though the side-light bulb holders wobble alarmingly in the headlamp reflectors, they're just a push-in? Not bayoneted? Any links to brighter LED replacement bulbs?

...oh and, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM OVERSEAS on eBay. Been there, done that, got ripped off!!!!!

Update : My ST is being picked up from my work tomorrow between 8-9 and will be dropped off between 2-3...lets hope ford can fix my DRL problem!!

Update :- Ford just called and said I need a new headlight!! So they are going to replace it next week, fine....but gonna have to buy more fly eye's and get that re done and cant do my vinyl eyebrows until its done!! :unsure: Slightly irritating!

Ford collected my car today and delivered it back to me at work a few house later...I now have two fully functional DRL's which stay on when I start my engine...yay!! :D

and

and

Cree's are superb very bright. Have a look in my gallery you will be impressed. Got mine from a guy in Scotland on eBay about £5 a bulb.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club