Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent! Very Noisy 2.0Tdci

warboys

Hi All

I have a 58 plate 2.0tdci auto SMax. I have owned it for about 4 years and to be honest it has been brilliant, quite possibly the best car I have ever owned. Thats saying a lot as I have owned over 100 cars and almost every marque including supercars and luxury limo type saloons.

This week the car has got excessively noisy, the car still drives as it did, no loss of power, no flat spots. It doess seem to be slightly more sluggish on gear changes, but that may be just deceptive due to the increased noise. There are no warning lights on the dashboard.

My local Ford dealer is shocking, I don't trust them and their charges are more than my local Porsche dealership!

Can anyone give me some guidance on where I should start? Could it be the EGR valve? Could it me the dual mass flywheel? Could it be a gearbox fault?

This is my wife's daily drive so I could do with some ideas to get it fixed quick. I have parked it up for now so as not to cause any further potential damage.

Car has covered about 80k miles and has full main dealer history.

Its just like a far larger regular diesel noise than usual. Its throughout the rev range. Sounds like an old London taxt.

Not just where the weather has changed then?

The colder a diesel engine, the noisier it gets.

try asking on the smax forum,but you may have to pay before you get any decent answers.

• 1 month later...

After a lot of diagnostics we have found that the flex plate has a crack in it and the weld have failed too, not good, but at least its all repaired now.

post-14844-0-64836400-1383566557_thumb.j

what was the cost in the end? damned plates between the flex and the DMF theres no hope! lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club