Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has The Cam Belt Just Broke?

moods

So I just went out to start my journey and my car 2.0 Titanium Auto 57, 36k miles, didn't start, it tried to start then the engine/starter just seemed to spin quick, now awaiting the people they call the RAC

Really unlikely at 36k. did the engine spin and not start or did it sound more like just the starter spinning?

I doubt it is cam belt, they tend to go bang if anything.

Sounds more like it could be the starter motors clutch that has a problem.

Cam belts can go anytime although they say 80000/100 k it's a wareable part does it sound as if there's no compression that's the usual sound of a belt gone now if it has pm me I have two 2.0 engines in the shed which I'm going to brake for spares when I get round to it will save you a small fortune if it has ( hope it hasn't not nice) but if it is worse case sinorio and you want to save on parts pm me

Hi, thanks for the replies, the RAC turned up and put it down too dirt in the jets!!! he got it going and said take it for a run!!! all seems ok now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club